Dec 22, 2010, 8:23 PM EST
From MLB.com’s Adam McCalvy comes word that the Brewers have agreed to terms on a one-year, $875,000 contract with right-handed reliever Sean Green.
Green missed most of the 2010 season while battling a right intercostal muscle strain and allowed eight walks over just 9.1 innings of work when healthy. The Mets non-tendered him earlier this month, making him a free agent.
The 31-year-old righty clocked over 200 relief innings for the Mariners and Mets from 2007-2009, but he has never finished with a WHIP under 1.44 and will have a hard time landing a spot on the Brewers’ Opening Day roster.
Green will probably serve as organizational depth for the Brew Crew in 2011, beginning the year at Triple-A Nashville and climbing to the majors only in the event of an injury or some other emergency.
Yes, it’s a slow news night. Happy Holidays.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 267
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (267)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)