Dec 22, 2010, 9:07 AM EDT
Brandon Webb is being pursued by the Rangers, Cubs and maybe the Nationals. And, according to Jerry Crasnick, there’s “an unidentified NL Central team” interested as well.
You can’t fool me with your calm, precise and non-inflammatory rhetoric, Jerry. That’s a mystery team. Don’t worry, I’m a lawyer and I checked. You don’t have to pay Heyman royalties for using that term. Not yet anyway.
Who could it be? Tom Haudricort reports that it’s not the Brewers. Depending on how realistic Webb’s contract demands are, however, it could be any of the others. Even the Pirates, who would be wise to go after reclamation projects like Webb with an eye toward flipping him to a contender if he pans out in the first half. He’d be a fifth starter in St. Louis. He could conceivably break the Reds’ rotation if he’s healthy. The Astros could use all the help they can get.
All I know is that I’m not going to assume that the mystery team is baloney anymore. They have been proven to exist.
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 25
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 87
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (87)