Dec 22, 2010, 9:37 PM EDT
For whatever reason, it has taken close to two weeks for the parties involved to take care of all the necessary paperwork that goes along with a free agent signing, including the transferring of medical records and pre-signing physicals.
According to Kirby Arnold of the Everett Herald, that should all change by the weekend. Olivo passed his physical with flying colors on Wednesday in Seattle and the contract should be made official by Thursday or Friday.
The 32-year-old catcher hit .269/.315/.449 with 14 home runs and 58 RBI over 394 at-bats for the Rockies in 2010. He’s expected to share time behind the plate with Adam Moore next season with the M’s.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)