Dec 22, 2010, 10:03 AM EDT
Don Walker of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that the Zack Greinke deal is going over well with Brewers fans:
Rick Schlesinger, the team’s executive vice president for business operations, said Tuesday that between Sunday afternoon and Monday night the team sold 1,100 new season-ticket packages. “Those are brand new account holders whom I’m convinced wouldn’t be buying if not for the current Greinke deal,” Schlesinger said.
He reports that ticket renewals have come at a higher-than-expected rate as well.
This reminds me of last year when there was so much hype around the Seattle Mariners. Except that the Brewers have actually hired a guy who most people think will be an effective manager, have brought in good players and the slugger who will unexpectedly stay with the team next season can still slug. And stay awake.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)