Dec 22, 2010, 10:03 AM EDT
Don Walker of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that the Zack Greinke deal is going over well with Brewers fans:
Rick Schlesinger, the team’s executive vice president for business operations, said Tuesday that between Sunday afternoon and Monday night the team sold 1,100 new season-ticket packages. ”Those are brand new account holders whom I’m convinced wouldn’t be buying if not for the current Greinke deal,” Schlesinger said.
He reports that ticket renewals have come at a higher-than-expected rate as well.
This reminds me of last year when there was so much hype around the Seattle Mariners. Except that the Brewers have actually hired a guy who most people think will be an effective manager, have brought in good players and the slugger who will unexpectedly stay with the team next season can still slug. And stay awake.
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 7
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 18
- Don Mattingly may be uttering his last words as Dodgers manager 36
- Jaime Garcia needs shoulder surgery 6
- Rafael Soriano calls out Bryce Harper for the game-tying triple last night 59
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (108)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings