Dec 23, 2010, 1:30 PM EDT
Well my friend. It’s you who are delusional. In a team sport no one player is any more valuable then his teammates. Unless the Mariners are successful King Felix will be nothing more then a footnote in MLB History. And that’s a fact. Ask yourself this question. How valuable was Dan Marino to the Miami Dolphins who never won a Super Bowl? Other then his personal accomplishments the Dolphins could have accomplished the same things they did with or without Marino and the same is true of the Mariners. So don’t overestimate or overstate King Felix’s value to the Mariners.
So I guess what he’s saying is that any of you Dolphins fans who remember the Marino years fondly are very, very wrong to feel that way. Because any team that retains popular superstar players without winning a championship is an utter failure that is not to be enjoyed. Or something.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)