Dec 23, 2010, 1:30 PM EDT
Well my friend. It’s you who are delusional. In a team sport no one player is any more valuable then his teammates. Unless the Mariners are successful King Felix will be nothing more then a footnote in MLB History. And that’s a fact. Ask yourself this question. How valuable was Dan Marino to the Miami Dolphins who never won a Super Bowl? Other then his personal accomplishments the Dolphins could have accomplished the same things they did with or without Marino and the same is true of the Mariners. So don’t overestimate or overstate King Felix’s value to the Mariners.
So I guess what he’s saying is that any of you Dolphins fans who remember the Marino years fondly are very, very wrong to feel that way. Because any team that retains popular superstar players without winning a championship is an utter failure that is not to be enjoyed. Or something.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 61
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 56
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 51
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11