Dec 23, 2010, 5:55 PM EST
Texas has agreed to a one-year contract with Arthur Rhodes, according to Steve Phillips of AOL Fanhouse, who reports that the deal also includes a vesting option for 2012 after the veteran left-hander made his first All-Star team this year at age 41.
Rhodes was classified as a Type A free agent, but because the Reds didn’t offer him arbitration the Rangers won’t have to give up a draft pick to sign him.
He had a 2.29 ERA and 50/18 K/BB ratio in 55 innings for Cincinnati, marking Rhodes’ third straight season with an ERA below 3.00. He held left-handed hitters to a .172 batting average during that three-year span and also allowed right-handers to hit just .232 to show that he’s capable of more than left-handed specialist duties.
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical 130
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 21
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 258
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 25
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (258)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)