Dec 23, 2010, 11:30 AM EDT
Not even Christmas yet and we’ve had a bunch of these already:
A two-time All-Star and former Gold Glove winner, Martin slipped offensively the last two seasons. He feels a new workout regimen will greatly benefit his hitting.
“I’m probably going to be in the best shape of my life going into spring training,” said Martin, who also could spell Alex Rodriguez some at third base this season.
I just wonder if this means the usually fertile January BSOML period will be fallow this year or if the early rush is a harbinger of a bumper crop.
(thanks to reader ppirrello for the heads up)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)