Dec 23, 2010, 11:30 AM EST
Not even Christmas yet and we’ve had a bunch of these already:
A two-time All-Star and former Gold Glove winner, Martin slipped offensively the last two seasons. He feels a new workout regimen will greatly benefit his hitting.
“I’m probably going to be in the best shape of my life going into spring training,” said Martin, who also could spell Alex Rodriguez some at third base this season.
I just wonder if this means the usually fertile January BSOML period will be fallow this year or if the early rush is a harbinger of a bumper crop.
(thanks to reader ppirrello for the heads up)
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)