Dec 23, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
The Nats signed lefty Sean Burnett two a two-year, $3.7 million contract with a $3.5 million mutual option for 2013. The contract covers his final two years of arbitration and the option is for his first year of free agency. He’ll make $1.4 million next season and $2.3 million in 2012.
Burnett is a really damn useful reliever. He posted a 2.14 ERA in 73 appearances last season as his strikeout rate ticked up over his previous few seasons. While a lefty, he was actually way more effective against righties last year.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)