Dec 23, 2010, 9:14 AM EDT
Adrian Beltre and Rafael Soriano are still on the market with only vague interest, but two teams are after Scott Podsednik. Ken Rosenthal reports that the Reds have joined the Angels as a team interested in the limited leadoff man.
Podsednik, turns 35 in March. He hit a respectable .297/.342/.382 with six homers and 51 RBI between Kansas City and L.A. this year, but he’s one of those players who is less than meets the eye. He’s fast, but he gets caught stealing too much. He looks good in left field or sometimes center, but he actually gets to fewer balls than you’d think. He trailed off pretty badly in the second half last season when he got more playing time for the Dodgers.
Really, he’s best utilized as the left-handed half of a platoon, which Rosenthal reports is what the Reds would be looking for. As such, he’d make way more sense for the Reds than the Angels.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)