Dec 23, 2010, 9:14 AM EDT
Adrian Beltre and Rafael Soriano are still on the market with only vague interest, but two teams are after Scott Podsednik. Ken Rosenthal reports that the Reds have joined the Angels as a team interested in the limited leadoff man.
Podsednik, turns 35 in March. He hit a respectable .297/.342/.382 with six homers and 51 RBI between Kansas City and L.A. this year, but he’s one of those players who is less than meets the eye. He’s fast, but he gets caught stealing too much. He looks good in left field or sometimes center, but he actually gets to fewer balls than you’d think. He trailed off pretty badly in the second half last season when he got more playing time for the Dodgers.
Really, he’s best utilized as the left-handed half of a platoon, which Rosenthal reports is what the Reds would be looking for. As such, he’d make way more sense for the Reds than the Angels.
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 5
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 99
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 54
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (113)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (99)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (79)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Watch LIVE: Bruins-Rangers
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks look to even series with Red Wings
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1