Dec 23, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
I didn’t have any idea who Corey Wimberly was either. But then he got traded from the Athletics to the Pirates for pitcher Ryan Kelly today and he took to Twitter about it, where he goes by the name Wimboslice3:
just got traded to the pirates!!!!!!!!!
Black and yellow black and yellow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
… david forth called me and told me they traded me to the pirates i didnt ask im pumped slice got new life lol
No “I’m just happy to have a chance to help the ballclub” jazz in the age of social media. I love it. I love his Twitter bio even more:
“Minor league stud 4A playa whatever u wanna call me till they let me in the door!!!!!!!”
Anyone who says there’s a lack of enthusiasm about Pirates baseball is going to need to change their tune once Wimboslice3 makes it to Bradenton in February.
- Rangers catcher Geovany Soto arrested for marijuana possession 52
- Babe Ruth made his major league debut 100 years ago today 46
- Rockies owner: “maybe Denver doesn’t deserve a franchise . . . maybe time for it to find a new home” 76
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 33
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 112
- Yadier Molina to miss 8-12 weeks with a torn thumb ligament 31
- Carlos Beltran placed on concussion disabled list after batting practice mishap 16
- Derek Jeter is the most popular MLB jersey this year 16
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (190)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (113)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)