Dec 23, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
I didn’t have any idea who Corey Wimberly was either. But then he got traded from the Athletics to the Pirates for pitcher Ryan Kelly today and he took to Twitter about it, where he goes by the name Wimboslice3:
just got traded to the pirates!!!!!!!!!
Black and yellow black and yellow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
… david forth called me and told me they traded me to the pirates i didnt ask im pumped slice got new life lol
No “I’m just happy to have a chance to help the ballclub” jazz in the age of social media. I love it. I love his Twitter bio even more:
“Minor league stud 4A playa whatever u wanna call me till they let me in the door!!!!!!!”
Anyone who says there’s a lack of enthusiasm about Pirates baseball is going to need to change their tune once Wimboslice3 makes it to Bradenton in February.
- Bud Selig’s view on replay has “evolved” 10
- Umpires use replay on controversial Matt Joyce home run 7
- Rangers put Ian Kinsler on the 15-day disabled list and call up top prospect Jurickson Profar 5
- Carlos Ruiz leaves game with strained right hamstring 2
- Andrew McCutchen scratched from Pirates’ starting lineup 5
- Live Extra: Watch live coverage of Penguins-Senators
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles