Dec 23, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
I didn’t have any idea who Corey Wimberly was either. But then he got traded from the Athletics to the Pirates for pitcher Ryan Kelly today and he took to Twitter about it, where he goes by the name Wimboslice3:
just got traded to the pirates!!!!!!!!!
Black and yellow black and yellow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
… david forth called me and told me they traded me to the pirates i didnt ask im pumped slice got new life lol
No “I’m just happy to have a chance to help the ballclub” jazz in the age of social media. I love it. I love his Twitter bio even more:
“Minor league stud 4A playa whatever u wanna call me till they let me in the door!!!!!!!”
Anyone who says there’s a lack of enthusiasm about Pirates baseball is going to need to change their tune once Wimboslice3 makes it to Bradenton in February.
- Brook Jacoby and umpire Doug Eddings were in a “loud, obscenity-laced, nose-to-nose exchange” 26
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 113
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 5
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 13
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 3
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (113)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)