Dec 23, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
I didn’t have any idea who Corey Wimberly was either. But then he got traded from the Athletics to the Pirates for pitcher Ryan Kelly today and he took to Twitter about it, where he goes by the name Wimboslice3:
just got traded to the pirates!!!!!!!!!
Black and yellow black and yellow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
… david forth called me and told me they traded me to the pirates i didnt ask im pumped slice got new life lol
No “I’m just happy to have a chance to help the ballclub” jazz in the age of social media. I love it. I love his Twitter bio even more:
“Minor league stud 4A playa whatever u wanna call me till they let me in the door!!!!!!!”
Anyone who says there’s a lack of enthusiasm about Pirates baseball is going to need to change their tune once Wimboslice3 makes it to Bradenton in February.
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 22
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)