Dec 23, 2010, 4:30 PM EST
I didn’t have any idea who Corey Wimberly was either. But then he got traded from the Athletics to the Pirates for pitcher Ryan Kelly today and he took to Twitter about it, where he goes by the name Wimboslice3:
just got traded to the pirates!!!!!!!!!
Black and yellow black and yellow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
… david forth called me and told me they traded me to the pirates i didnt ask im pumped slice got new life lol
No “I’m just happy to have a chance to help the ballclub” jazz in the age of social media. I love it. I love his Twitter bio even more:
“Minor league stud 4A playa whatever u wanna call me till they let me in the door!!!!!!!”
Anyone who says there’s a lack of enthusiasm about Pirates baseball is going to need to change their tune once Wimboslice3 makes it to Bradenton in February.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (306)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (118)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)