Dec 23, 2010, 9:11 PM EST
Here’s a juicy one. Well, sorta.
The Yanks are trying to add a quality bat to their bench and have also looked into signing free agent Johnny Damon. But, as Curry speculates, a deal seems unlikely to happen with either of the AL East veterans.
Manny probably still wants regular playing time and Damon is in the same boat. As of now, the Yankees have committed the everyday designated hitter role to Jorge Posada and the everyday left field job to Brett Gardner.
Unless something changes, don’t look for Manny to don the pinstripes in 2011.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27