Dec 23, 2010, 9:11 PM EST
Here’s a juicy one. Well, sorta.
The Yanks are trying to add a quality bat to their bench and have also looked into signing free agent Johnny Damon. But, as Curry speculates, a deal seems unlikely to happen with either of the AL East veterans.
Manny probably still wants regular playing time and Damon is in the same boat. As of now, the Yankees have committed the everyday designated hitter role to Jorge Posada and the everyday left field job to Brett Gardner.
Unless something changes, don’t look for Manny to don the pinstripes in 2011.
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 26
- Mark Prior’s retirement reminds us that young pitchers will break your heart 11
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 48
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 61
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)