Dec 23, 2010, 9:11 PM EDT
Here’s a juicy one. Well, sorta.
The Yanks are trying to add a quality bat to their bench and have also looked into signing free agent Johnny Damon. But, as Curry speculates, a deal seems unlikely to happen with either of the AL East veterans.
Manny probably still wants regular playing time and Damon is in the same boat. As of now, the Yankees have committed the everyday designated hitter role to Jorge Posada and the everyday left field job to Brett Gardner.
Unless something changes, don’t look for Manny to don the pinstripes in 2011.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (85)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (79)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (74)