Dec 23, 2010, 9:11 PM EDT
Here’s a juicy one. Well, sorta.
The Yanks are trying to add a quality bat to their bench and have also looked into signing free agent Johnny Damon. But, as Curry speculates, a deal seems unlikely to happen with either of the AL East veterans.
Manny probably still wants regular playing time and Damon is in the same boat. As of now, the Yankees have committed the everyday designated hitter role to Jorge Posada and the everyday left field job to Brett Gardner.
Unless something changes, don’t look for Manny to don the pinstripes in 2011.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 71
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 67
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)