Dec 23, 2010, 9:11 PM EDT
Here’s a juicy one. Well, sorta.
The Yanks are trying to add a quality bat to their bench and have also looked into signing free agent Johnny Damon. But, as Curry speculates, a deal seems unlikely to happen with either of the AL East veterans.
Manny probably still wants regular playing time and Damon is in the same boat. As of now, the Yankees have committed the everyday designated hitter role to Jorge Posada and the everyday left field job to Brett Gardner.
Unless something changes, don’t look for Manny to don the pinstripes in 2011.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 5
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 16
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 57
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)