Get Mets-merized!

Dec 24, 2010, 12:00 PM EST

1986 Mets

I’m sure some of you have heard this. I had not. And until I did a few minutes ago, my life was incomplete.

Resolved: Darryl Strawberry is the worst rapper in history.  Further resolved: George Foster’s boast that the Mets were better than “the Red Machine,” likely did not go over very well at Sparky Anderson’s Hall of Fame induction.

Merry Christmas!

(Thanks to Amy K. Nelson for the heads up. This and more fun sports rapping can be seen over at Phat Friend)

1. yankeesfanlen - Dec 24, 2010 at 12:20 PM

What a humbling legacy the ’85 Bears left!

• yankeesfanlen - Dec 24, 2010 at 12:25 PM

While you’re (w)rapping, Craig, isn’t the Blue Network letting you off for Xmas Eve? Break out (pun intended) the Jack and give thanks your kids didn’t grow up in the age when toys came with “some assembly required”.

• Craig Calcaterra - Dec 24, 2010 at 12:33 PM

Now all the toys come fastened into the packs by wire and elastic and all manner of contraption so that they’ll look good on store shelves. Undoing that stuff takes longer than toy assembly.

But a day off? My dear Len, that implies that this is work.

2. Old Gator - Dec 24, 2010 at 1:26 PM

Dear Buddha, that horrible rap video – forget that rap is awful anyway; an awful rapper is about as lacking in artistic merit as one can get. Give me the long version of In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida any day.

• tigerprez - Dec 24, 2010 at 2:45 PM

Spoken like a true racist.

• Old Gator - Dec 24, 2010 at 3:38 PM

Spoken like a decerebrated imbecile. When did I ever say I didn’t like white people? This will come as news to Eminem, Vanilla Ice and Asher Roth. Actually, I think white people – shorn of their hegemonic pretenses, anyway – are very nice. Some of them are from my own family. Oh, but maybe you think I harbor animadversion for Japanese rap artists just because you think they’re, well, funny looking. Coma-chi. 1-Kyu and Kaminari Kazoku will be relieved to find out you’re full of shit about that, too. Or perhaps you think I have a problem with all Sinhalese? Well, I can assuage the anxieties of மாதங்கி ‘மாயா’ அருள்பிரகாசம் and assure her I have nothing against Tamils, except when they rap.

You had a brain scan lately? They might perform one on you for free, considering all the electricity they would save.

Maddon has high hopes for Cubs
  1. P. Sandoval (5435)