Dec 24, 2010, 3:00 PM EDT
Christmas Eve is a good day for stories about ballplayers doing philanthropic things. Though the stories tend to sound the same, the underlying message never gets old. And that’s especially true when the message involves David Ortiz dressed up like Santa Claus:
In many ways, Ortiz is like a Dominican Santa — gregarious in nature, large in stature and always looking to make young people smile.
“Kids, man, you can never go wrong when it comes to kids, you know what I’m saying?” Ortiz said. “Kids are like the future of life. You need to try to teach them how to do the right thing, even though they might not have what everybody would like as a kid. Any time you can bring happiness to kids, you have to.”
Click through to See Papi Claus. He looks pretty awesome. But I wonder if he spits on both his hands and rubs them together before each kid gets on his lap.
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness