Dec 24, 2010, 2:10 PM EDT
It’s actually kinda jumpy in a western swing sort of way, but this song by Canadian country singer Gord Bramford is mostly sad. Why? Because all the little boy in the video wants is a baseball glove autographed by Roy Halladay. The same Roy Halladay of whom he has a poster on the wall of his bedroom pictured in his Blue Jays uniform. This song came out about two weeks before Halladay was traded away to Philly last year, so all this kid got for Christmas was heartache. And Kyle Drabek. Bamford and Halladay talk about the song over at MLB.com today.
Note to Bramford: re-do the song and change the lyric to “Ricky Romero.” Oh, and while you’re changing lyrics, get rid of that “mama wants a tummy tuck” line. It’s just awful. And based on the video, she doesn’t need one, even if the dad needs some freakin’ sensitivity training.
In other news, there is not a lot of baseball news on Christmas Eve.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 25
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 38
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 10
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)