Dec 24, 2010, 2:10 PM EDT
It’s actually kinda jumpy in a western swing sort of way, but this song by Canadian country singer Gord Bramford is mostly sad. Why? Because all the little boy in the video wants is a baseball glove autographed by Roy Halladay. The same Roy Halladay of whom he has a poster on the wall of his bedroom pictured in his Blue Jays uniform. This song came out about two weeks before Halladay was traded away to Philly last year, so all this kid got for Christmas was heartache. And Kyle Drabek. Bamford and Halladay talk about the song over at MLB.com today.
Note to Bramford: re-do the song and change the lyric to “Ricky Romero.” Oh, and while you’re changing lyrics, get rid of that “mama wants a tummy tuck” line. It’s just awful. And based on the video, she doesn’t need one, even if the dad needs some freakin’ sensitivity training.
In other news, there is not a lot of baseball news on Christmas Eve.
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 16
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 38
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 35
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)