Dec 24, 2010, 2:10 PM EDT
It’s actually kinda jumpy in a western swing sort of way, but this song by Canadian country singer Gord Bramford is mostly sad. Why? Because all the little boy in the video wants is a baseball glove autographed by Roy Halladay. The same Roy Halladay of whom he has a poster on the wall of his bedroom pictured in his Blue Jays uniform. This song came out about two weeks before Halladay was traded away to Philly last year, so all this kid got for Christmas was heartache. And Kyle Drabek. Bamford and Halladay talk about the song over at MLB.com today.
Note to Bramford: re-do the song and change the lyric to “Ricky Romero.” Oh, and while you’re changing lyrics, get rid of that “mama wants a tummy tuck” line. It’s just awful. And based on the video, she doesn’t need one, even if the dad needs some freakin’ sensitivity training.
In other news, there is not a lot of baseball news on Christmas Eve.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 55
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 5
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)