Dec 24, 2010, 2:10 PM EDT
It’s actually kinda jumpy in a western swing sort of way, but this song by Canadian country singer Gord Bramford is mostly sad. Why? Because all the little boy in the video wants is a baseball glove autographed by Roy Halladay. The same Roy Halladay of whom he has a poster on the wall of his bedroom pictured in his Blue Jays uniform. This song came out about two weeks before Halladay was traded away to Philly last year, so all this kid got for Christmas was heartache. And Kyle Drabek. Bamford and Halladay talk about the song over at MLB.com today.
Note to Bramford: re-do the song and change the lyric to “Ricky Romero.” Oh, and while you’re changing lyrics, get rid of that “mama wants a tummy tuck” line. It’s just awful. And based on the video, she doesn’t need one, even if the dad needs some freakin’ sensitivity training.
In other news, there is not a lot of baseball news on Christmas Eve.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 75
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 26
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 23
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 28
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 131
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 76
- Indians place starter Carlos Carrasco on 15-day disabled list with right shoulder discomfort 1
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (198)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (131)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)