Dec 27, 2010, 1:52 AM EDT
Rojas reports that the deal would be similar to last year’s contract with the Pittsburgh Pirates, in which Dotel received $3.2 million plus another potential $500,000 in incentives.
Dotel was 3-4 with a 4.08 ERA and 22 saves last season for the Pirates, Dodgers and Rockies. He struck out 75 and walked 32 in 64 innings. He would get a chance to be the closer in Toronto, since Kevin Gregg is a free agent seeking big dollars elsewhere.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 40
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 22
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 41
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)