Dec 27, 2010, 1:52 AM EDT
Rojas reports that the deal would be similar to last year’s contract with the Pittsburgh Pirates, in which Dotel received $3.2 million plus another potential $500,000 in incentives.
Dotel was 3-4 with a 4.08 ERA and 22 saves last season for the Pirates, Dodgers and Rockies. He struck out 75 and walked 32 in 64 innings. He would get a chance to be the closer in Toronto, since Kevin Gregg is a free agent seeking big dollars elsewhere.
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 0
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 29
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 49
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)