Dec 27, 2010, 1:52 AM EDT
Rojas reports that the deal would be similar to last year’s contract with the Pittsburgh Pirates, in which Dotel received $3.2 million plus another potential $500,000 in incentives.
Dotel was 3-4 with a 4.08 ERA and 22 saves last season for the Pirates, Dodgers and Rockies. He struck out 75 and walked 32 in 64 innings. He would get a chance to be the closer in Toronto, since Kevin Gregg is a free agent seeking big dollars elsewhere.
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 1
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 19
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 346
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 81
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 53
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (349)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (180)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)