Dec 27, 2010, 1:52 AM EST
Rojas reports that the deal would be similar to last year’s contract with the Pittsburgh Pirates, in which Dotel received $3.2 million plus another potential $500,000 in incentives.
Dotel was 3-4 with a 4.08 ERA and 22 saves last season for the Pirates, Dodgers and Rockies. He struck out 75 and walked 32 in 64 innings. He would get a chance to be the closer in Toronto, since Kevin Gregg is a free agent seeking big dollars elsewhere.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 10
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 73
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)