Dec 27, 2010, 11:42 AM EDT
NPB Tracker translates and tweets an article from Nikkan Sports reporting that the Milwaukee Brewers are nearing a one-year contract with Takashi Saito worth around $3 million, including incentives.
Saito was solid for the Braves last season. He has some reliability questions concerning his shoulder and, yeah, he’s 40. Still, he would be yet another nice addition to the Brewers’ pitching staff going into the g0-for-broke 2011 season in Milwaukee.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)