Dec 27, 2010, 11:42 AM EDT
NPB Tracker translates and tweets an article from Nikkan Sports reporting that the Milwaukee Brewers are nearing a one-year contract with Takashi Saito worth around $3 million, including incentives.
Saito was solid for the Braves last season. He has some reliability questions concerning his shoulder and, yeah, he’s 40. Still, he would be yet another nice addition to the Brewers’ pitching staff going into the g0-for-broke 2011 season in Milwaukee.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 17
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 29
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 58
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 73
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 86
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)