Dec 27, 2010, 8:48 AM EDT
I know it’s not their fault — and that this week it’s not even their city — but I find it somewhat hilarious that the Minnesota Vikings have now had three football games postponed by weather this year. In contrast the Twins, who everyone thought were morons for building an open-air stadium, had (I think) only one home game postponed by weather last season, on May 7th. I may be missing one, but I don’t think there were three.
In other news, I could change this blog to “AllOfTheReasonsBaseballIsBetterThanFootball Talk” and I’d have twice as many things to write about than I do now.
This time of year is for sitting in your house, sipping nice beverages and thinking about spring training. Not playing some inferior game.
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 1
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 0
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 5
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 54
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)