Dec 27, 2010, 8:48 AM EDT
I know it’s not their fault — and that this week it’s not even their city — but I find it somewhat hilarious that the Minnesota Vikings have now had three football games postponed by weather this year. In contrast the Twins, who everyone thought were morons for building an open-air stadium, had (I think) only one home game postponed by weather last season, on May 7th. I may be missing one, but I don’t think there were three.
In other news, I could change this blog to “AllOfTheReasonsBaseballIsBetterThanFootball Talk” and I’d have twice as many things to write about than I do now.
This time of year is for sitting in your house, sipping nice beverages and thinking about spring training. Not playing some inferior game.
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 11
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 70
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 26
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 30
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (109)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (107)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)