Dec 27, 2010, 8:48 AM EDT
I know it’s not their fault — and that this week it’s not even their city — but I find it somewhat hilarious that the Minnesota Vikings have now had three football games postponed by weather this year. In contrast the Twins, who everyone thought were morons for building an open-air stadium, had (I think) only one home game postponed by weather last season, on May 7th. I may be missing one, but I don’t think there were three.
In other news, I could change this blog to “AllOfTheReasonsBaseballIsBetterThanFootball Talk” and I’d have twice as many things to write about than I do now.
This time of year is for sitting in your house, sipping nice beverages and thinking about spring training. Not playing some inferior game.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 46
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 25
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)