Dec 28, 2010, 1:39 PM EDT
They’ve already got Papelbon, Bard and Jenks. It would seem, however, that Theo Epstein will not rest until he has ensured that all teams playing the Red Sox have but five innings in which to work: Jon Heyman reports that the Red Sox are still eying Brian Fuentes. This is a long-term eyeing, as reports of the Sox’ interest were floating around nearly a month ago.
Fuentes had a 2.81 ERA and 47/20 K/BB ratio in 48 innings between the Angels and Twins in 2010. He could probably close for a dozen teams. In Boston he’d be a lefty specialist.
Ah, how the rich are different than you and I.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)