Dec 28, 2010, 1:39 PM EDT
They’ve already got Papelbon, Bard and Jenks. It would seem, however, that Theo Epstein will not rest until he has ensured that all teams playing the Red Sox have but five innings in which to work: Jon Heyman reports that the Red Sox are still eying Brian Fuentes. This is a long-term eyeing, as reports of the Sox’ interest were floating around nearly a month ago.
Fuentes had a 2.81 ERA and 47/20 K/BB ratio in 48 innings between the Angels and Twins in 2010. He could probably close for a dozen teams. In Boston he’d be a lefty specialist.
Ah, how the rich are different than you and I.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (94)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (86)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)