Dec 28, 2010, 6:17 PM EDT
“I think, like everyone else [thinks], if he’s leaning one way, he’s probably leaning towards retiring,” Teixeira said on Tuesday at a press conference to kick off Thursday’s Pinstripe Bowl game at Yankee Stadium. “I think that’s what he’s publicly said. It’s no secret right now. That’s probably where he’s leaning. But in a month and a half, a lot can happen.”
I haven’t talked to Andy Pettitte in well, ever, actually, and I can also tell you that he is leaning towards retirement. Why? Because Pettitte said so himself in November and Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said almost exactly the same thing as Teixeira just one week ago.
I’m already seeing this story all over the place, but much like those who are snowed in their homes in the northeast part of the country, we’re still in the same place we were yesterday.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (100)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)