Phillies fans don’t mind the higher ticket prices

Dec 28, 2010, 3:52 PM EDT

Phillies-Fans

The Philadelphia Daily News conducted a survey of Phillies fans and found that 52 percent of them were cool with the team raising ticket prices. Thirteen percent were “disappointed,” 3 percent were “angry” and 1 percent were “not sure.”  This was before the team got Cliff Lee.

Am I the only one who finds Philly fans more entertaining when they’re mad about stuff?

1. phillygirl4 - Dec 28, 2010 at 4:03 PM

Of course we’re more entertaining when we’re mad. I defy you to find more colorful fans. You can’t do it. Also, people love when we’re mad. Content Philadelphians anger people. No one wants us to win. It generally happens that way when you’re better than everyone though…;)

2. drunkenhooliganism - Dec 28, 2010 at 4:05 PM

As a season ticket holder, I agree with the poll’s results. But I’m mad that people would admit to being okay with raising ticket prices. Why not just hand over your wallets? I know that they can just look at their ticket sales for proof, but can’t we at least pretend to have control over how much we’re willing to pay.

That probably wasn’t enough anger for Craig.

Also, the deadline for renewing ticket packages was the Friday before the Phillies signed Lee. I’m glad we decided to renew (the one and three year-olds are detrimental to attendance)

3. Utley's Hair - Dec 28, 2010 at 4:11 PM

Craig, Craig, Craig…such a pitiful attempt at riling us up. I’m so disappointed that you decided to mail it in this week.

4. rejamaro - Dec 28, 2010 at 4:23 PM

So not only does that show that Philadelphia fans are insensitive but that they are also STUPID!!!!

• Utley's Hair - Dec 28, 2010 at 4:31 PM

And that would be…why exactly? Because they would have less of a problem paying a little bit more for a quality product than they did for inferior mediocrity? Hmm…interesting.

To quote Forrest Gump: Stupid is as stupid does.

5. felser - Dec 28, 2010 at 4:24 PM

HalladayLeeOswaltHamels. Everything’s cool.

6. ThatGuy - Dec 28, 2010 at 5:03 PM

Am I the only one that hopes the Phillies rotation implodes on itself? I don’t have any specific hate towards the Phillies or Phillies fans in general, as prior to 2007 they missed the playoffs for 14 straight years, every team deserves their run. I just think the comedic value of this blog everyday next season would be so immense that I would never get any work done.

7. Richard In Big D - Dec 28, 2010 at 6:08 PM

When the Rangers signed Alex Rodroidgez, Peter Gammons had the interesting comment that “the Rangers will now lose more 17-16 games than anyone in the history of the game”. That basically came true. And now that HalladayLeeOswaltHamels is a Phiilie, let me be tamong the first to declare that “the Phillies will now lose more 1-0 games than anyone in history”. It takes balance to win in baseball, just like anything else…

• macjacmccoy - Dec 28, 2010 at 9:43 PM

And the Phillies dont have balance? They have great pitching and Rollins,Victorino,Utley,Howard,Ibanez,Polanco,Ruiz,and Brown in the field. I dont see any team with as much talent and as much balance as the Phillies. So what are you talking about?

• citifieldurinal - Dec 29, 2010 at 3:28 AM

That potent offense scored 2 or fewer runs the same amount of times as the Mets last year. The only players in that lineup who are intimidating are Utley (the most underrated player in baseball), Howard, Ibanez, and Ruiz. Everyone else in that lineup has a career OPS+ under 100 and you’re expecting a ton out of Domonic Brown.

I’ll give you the best rotation in baseball, but the best lineup is a dubious claim though I’m unsure how potent you really need the bats to be with that rotation.

This was 'the perfect baseball game'
  1. T. Wood (5186)