Dec 28, 2010, 9:57 PM EDT
Enrique Rojas of ESPN Deportes reports that the Blue Jays have signed Octavio Dotel to a one-year, $3.5 million contract with a club option for 2012.
According to Jon Paul Morosi of FOXSports.com, he’ll make $2.75 million in 2011 with either a $3.75 million club option for 2012 or a $750,000 buyout, so he is guaranteed $3.5 million in the deal.
Dotel, who turned 37 in November, posted a 4.08 ERA and 75/32 K/BB ratio over 64 innings with the Pirates, Dodgers and Rockies this past season. He converted 22 of 28 save opportunities.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)