Dec 28, 2010, 9:57 PM EDT
Enrique Rojas of ESPN Deportes reports that the Blue Jays have signed Octavio Dotel to a one-year, $3.5 million contract with a club option for 2012.
According to Jon Paul Morosi of FOXSports.com, he’ll make $2.75 million in 2011 with either a $3.75 million club option for 2012 or a $750,000 buyout, so he is guaranteed $3.5 million in the deal.
Dotel, who turned 37 in November, posted a 4.08 ERA and 75/32 K/BB ratio over 64 innings with the Pirates, Dodgers and Rockies this past season. He converted 22 of 28 save opportunities.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)