Dec 28, 2010, 9:57 PM EST
Enrique Rojas of ESPN Deportes reports that the Blue Jays have signed Octavio Dotel to a one-year, $3.5 million contract with a club option for 2012.
According to Jon Paul Morosi of FOXSports.com, he’ll make $2.75 million in 2011 with either a $3.75 million club option for 2012 or a $750,000 buyout, so he is guaranteed $3.5 million in the deal.
Dotel, who turned 37 in November, posted a 4.08 ERA and 75/32 K/BB ratio over 64 innings with the Pirates, Dodgers and Rockies this past season. He converted 22 of 28 save opportunities.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)