Dec 29, 2010, 8:36 AM EDT
In that MLB.com interview yesterday former White Sox’ closer Bobby Jenks said that he “was looking forward to playing for a manager who knows how to run a bullpen.” Not the best thing to say about Ozzie Guillen — and probably not true, because I think Ozzie actually does a pretty good overall in terms of bullpen management — but as far as slams go, it was a mild one. And one that you just know Ozzie Guillen doesn’t care a lick about because he doesn’t care a lick about anything like that.
But apparently Ozzie’s son Oney Guillen thinks that Jenks was way out of line. And in his typically mature fashion, he took to Twitter last night to rip Jenks. Among the highlights: ripping Jenks for being a drinker and having marital problems. Saying that if it wasn’t for Jenks “freddy garcia would have like 17 wins and the sox would have beat the twins.” Calling Jenks a “punk” and a “coward.” He went on and on, accusing Jenks of hitting a clubhouse attendant in the face, hoping that Jenks gets drilled if he ever gets to bat and calling him every other name in the book.
You’ll recall that Oney Guillen was fired from his do-nothing job with the White Sox last spring after some other intemperate tweets. At the time Ozzie Guillen said he wasn’t pleased with his son and that he had spoken to him “about how to express his opinion.” I’m guessing those lessons didn’t sink in. He still talks when he shouldn’t be. It’s this kind of thing that caused Solozzo to put a hit out on the Don, for crying out loud.
I do hope that Ozzie has saved and invested his money well, though, and that he has provided for Oney in his will. Because based on everything we’ve seen from him, this kid is 100% unemployable.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 35
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 30
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 44
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 12
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 73
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)