Dec 29, 2010, 8:36 AM EST
In that MLB.com interview yesterday former White Sox’ closer Bobby Jenks said that he “was looking forward to playing for a manager who knows how to run a bullpen.” Not the best thing to say about Ozzie Guillen — and probably not true, because I think Ozzie actually does a pretty good overall in terms of bullpen management — but as far as slams go, it was a mild one. And one that you just know Ozzie Guillen doesn’t care a lick about because he doesn’t care a lick about anything like that.
But apparently Ozzie’s son Oney Guillen thinks that Jenks was way out of line. And in his typically mature fashion, he took to Twitter last night to rip Jenks. Among the highlights: ripping Jenks for being a drinker and having marital problems. Saying that if it wasn’t for Jenks “freddy garcia would have like 17 wins and the sox would have beat the twins.” Calling Jenks a “punk” and a “coward.” He went on and on, accusing Jenks of hitting a clubhouse attendant in the face, hoping that Jenks gets drilled if he ever gets to bat and calling him every other name in the book.
You’ll recall that Oney Guillen was fired from his do-nothing job with the White Sox last spring after some other intemperate tweets. At the time Ozzie Guillen said he wasn’t pleased with his son and that he had spoken to him “about how to express his opinion.” I’m guessing those lessons didn’t sink in. He still talks when he shouldn’t be. It’s this kind of thing that caused Solozzo to put a hit out on the Don, for crying out loud.
I do hope that Ozzie has saved and invested his money well, though, and that he has provided for Oney in his will. Because based on everything we’ve seen from him, this kid is 100% unemployable.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 3
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 293
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (294)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)