Dec 29, 2010, 8:36 AM EDT
In that MLB.com interview yesterday former White Sox’ closer Bobby Jenks said that he “was looking forward to playing for a manager who knows how to run a bullpen.” Not the best thing to say about Ozzie Guillen — and probably not true, because I think Ozzie actually does a pretty good overall in terms of bullpen management — but as far as slams go, it was a mild one. And one that you just know Ozzie Guillen doesn’t care a lick about because he doesn’t care a lick about anything like that.
But apparently Ozzie’s son Oney Guillen thinks that Jenks was way out of line. And in his typically mature fashion, he took to Twitter last night to rip Jenks. Among the highlights: ripping Jenks for being a drinker and having marital problems. Saying that if it wasn’t for Jenks “freddy garcia would have like 17 wins and the sox would have beat the twins.” Calling Jenks a “punk” and a “coward.” He went on and on, accusing Jenks of hitting a clubhouse attendant in the face, hoping that Jenks gets drilled if he ever gets to bat and calling him every other name in the book.
You’ll recall that Oney Guillen was fired from his do-nothing job with the White Sox last spring after some other intemperate tweets. At the time Ozzie Guillen said he wasn’t pleased with his son and that he had spoken to him “about how to express his opinion.” I’m guessing those lessons didn’t sink in. He still talks when he shouldn’t be. It’s this kind of thing that caused Solozzo to put a hit out on the Don, for crying out loud.
I do hope that Ozzie has saved and invested his money well, though, and that he has provided for Oney in his will. Because based on everything we’ve seen from him, this kid is 100% unemployable.
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 2
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 5
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 34
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)