Dec 29, 2010, 8:36 AM EDT
In that MLB.com interview yesterday former White Sox’ closer Bobby Jenks said that he “was looking forward to playing for a manager who knows how to run a bullpen.” Not the best thing to say about Ozzie Guillen — and probably not true, because I think Ozzie actually does a pretty good overall in terms of bullpen management — but as far as slams go, it was a mild one. And one that you just know Ozzie Guillen doesn’t care a lick about because he doesn’t care a lick about anything like that.
But apparently Ozzie’s son Oney Guillen thinks that Jenks was way out of line. And in his typically mature fashion, he took to Twitter last night to rip Jenks. Among the highlights: ripping Jenks for being a drinker and having marital problems. Saying that if it wasn’t for Jenks “freddy garcia would have like 17 wins and the sox would have beat the twins.” Calling Jenks a “punk” and a “coward.” He went on and on, accusing Jenks of hitting a clubhouse attendant in the face, hoping that Jenks gets drilled if he ever gets to bat and calling him every other name in the book.
You’ll recall that Oney Guillen was fired from his do-nothing job with the White Sox last spring after some other intemperate tweets. At the time Ozzie Guillen said he wasn’t pleased with his son and that he had spoken to him “about how to express his opinion.” I’m guessing those lessons didn’t sink in. He still talks when he shouldn’t be. It’s this kind of thing that caused Solozzo to put a hit out on the Don, for crying out loud.
I do hope that Ozzie has saved and invested his money well, though, and that he has provided for Oney in his will. Because based on everything we’ve seen from him, this kid is 100% unemployable.
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 9
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 1
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 30
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Numbers game: Tigers fall victim to baseball’s speed obsession 45
- Twins prospect Byron Buxton done for season after concussion 3
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. 74
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)