Dec 29, 2010, 2:24 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal reports that the Angels are now the front-runners for Adrian Beltre‘s services because (a) the Athletics have dropped out; and (b) the Rangers don’t feel comfortable making the commitment in dollars and years that Beltre seems to want.
The A’s have been jerked around by Beltre for a long time, it seems. They had an offer out there. He showed no interest in it. You can’t blame them for saying goodbye to the whole situations. Likewise, Nolan Ryan seemed to make it pretty clear yesterday that he’s not comfortable going more then three years for a player no matter who he is. Rosenthal says that Boras is looking for at least five years for Beltre. So it would seem that the Angels are the only team in play for Beltre.
That is, unless a mystery team is suddenly reported to be interested. But that never, ever happens with Scott Boras clients, does it?
- Mike Trout hits for cycle in Angels’ rout of Mariners 13
- Kevin Gausman will make Orioles debut on Thursday 4
- Cubs activate Matt Garza for first start in 10 months 0
- Thanks to Jeff Loria, Miami gets shut out of the Super Bowl 22
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. 116
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (116)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (104)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (73)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car