Dec 29, 2010, 2:24 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal reports that the Angels are now the front-runners for Adrian Beltre‘s services because (a) the Athletics have dropped out; and (b) the Rangers don’t feel comfortable making the commitment in dollars and years that Beltre seems to want.
The A’s have been jerked around by Beltre for a long time, it seems. They had an offer out there. He showed no interest in it. You can’t blame them for saying goodbye to the whole situations. Likewise, Nolan Ryan seemed to make it pretty clear yesterday that he’s not comfortable going more then three years for a player no matter who he is. Rosenthal says that Boras is looking for at least five years for Beltre. So it would seem that the Angels are the only team in play for Beltre.
That is, unless a mystery team is suddenly reported to be interested. But that never, ever happens with Scott Boras clients, does it?
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 6
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)