Dec 29, 2010, 11:28 AM EST
Resolved: if you can’t look good in the Mexican winter league, you’re not going to look good in the majors. And Oliver Perez doesn’t look good. Adam Rubin:
Overall, Perez is 3-3 with a 5.18 ERA in 11 appearances (six starts). In 33 innings, he has allowed 30 hits and 23 walks, struck out 26 and allowed a .242 opponent batting average.
But he has apparently done OK against lefties, so look for the Mets to give Ollie a chance to be the league’s most expensive LOOGY this spring.
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 36
- Mark Prior’s retirement reminds us that young pitchers will break your heart 14
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 48
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 61
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)