Dec 30, 2010, 4:38 PM EDT
Sure, once there are three teams, we can call it a sweepstakes.
As we mentioned a couple of weeks ago, the Indians were thinking about bringing back Bartolo Colon. Now, thanks to MLBTR’s Nick Collias who translated this Spanish language article, we learn that the Yankees and the Rangers have expressed interest too. Well, at least Colon is saying that anyway.
There’s a recent pic of Colon on that second link. Hard to say if he’s lost weight from that pic, but he claims he has. Collias says that Colon pitched excellently during the Dominican regular season.
Personally I have a hard time seeing why anyone would take a chance on Colon again. He went MIA on the White Sox the last time he was in the bigs. Maybe he’s committed to pitching again, but I don’t think he’s worth anything more than an invitation to sprint training in which he pays his own airfare.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead