Dec 30, 2010, 4:38 PM EDT
Sure, once there are three teams, we can call it a sweepstakes.
As we mentioned a couple of weeks ago, the Indians were thinking about bringing back Bartolo Colon. Now, thanks to MLBTR’s Nick Collias who translated this Spanish language article, we learn that the Yankees and the Rangers have expressed interest too. Well, at least Colon is saying that anyway.
There’s a recent pic of Colon on that second link. Hard to say if he’s lost weight from that pic, but he claims he has. Collias says that Colon pitched excellently during the Dominican regular season.
Personally I have a hard time seeing why anyone would take a chance on Colon again. He went MIA on the White Sox the last time he was in the bigs. Maybe he’s committed to pitching again, but I don’t think he’s worth anything more than an invitation to sprint training in which he pays his own airfare.
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 6
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 6
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 63
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 48
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)