Dec 30, 2010, 4:38 PM EDT
Sure, once there are three teams, we can call it a sweepstakes.
As we mentioned a couple of weeks ago, the Indians were thinking about bringing back Bartolo Colon. Now, thanks to MLBTR’s Nick Collias who translated this Spanish language article, we learn that the Yankees and the Rangers have expressed interest too. Well, at least Colon is saying that anyway.
There’s a recent pic of Colon on that second link. Hard to say if he’s lost weight from that pic, but he claims he has. Collias says that Colon pitched excellently during the Dominican regular season.
Personally I have a hard time seeing why anyone would take a chance on Colon again. He went MIA on the White Sox the last time he was in the bigs. Maybe he’s committed to pitching again, but I don’t think he’s worth anything more than an invitation to sprint training in which he pays his own airfare.
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 14
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 12
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 29
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (94)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)