Dec 30, 2010, 4:38 PM EDT
Sure, once there are three teams, we can call it a sweepstakes.
As we mentioned a couple of weeks ago, the Indians were thinking about bringing back Bartolo Colon. Now, thanks to MLBTR’s Nick Collias who translated this Spanish language article, we learn that the Yankees and the Rangers have expressed interest too. Well, at least Colon is saying that anyway.
There’s a recent pic of Colon on that second link. Hard to say if he’s lost weight from that pic, but he claims he has. Collias says that Colon pitched excellently during the Dominican regular season.
Personally I have a hard time seeing why anyone would take a chance on Colon again. He went MIA on the White Sox the last time he was in the bigs. Maybe he’s committed to pitching again, but I don’t think he’s worth anything more than an invitation to sprint training in which he pays his own airfare.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (83)
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. (76)
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (73)