Dec 30, 2010, 4:38 PM EST
Sure, once there are three teams, we can call it a sweepstakes.
As we mentioned a couple of weeks ago, the Indians were thinking about bringing back Bartolo Colon. Now, thanks to MLBTR’s Nick Collias who translated this Spanish language article, we learn that the Yankees and the Rangers have expressed interest too. Well, at least Colon is saying that anyway.
There’s a recent pic of Colon on that second link. Hard to say if he’s lost weight from that pic, but he claims he has. Collias says that Colon pitched excellently during the Dominican regular season.
Personally I have a hard time seeing why anyone would take a chance on Colon again. He went MIA on the White Sox the last time he was in the bigs. Maybe he’s committed to pitching again, but I don’t think he’s worth anything more than an invitation to sprint training in which he pays his own airfare.
- Major League Baseball to investigate Randy Levine for tampering as a result of Mike Trout comment 5
- Robinson Cano, Yankees trade barbs about “disrespect” 83
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 17
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 60
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 6
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)