Dec 30, 2010, 8:36 AM EST
Is it too early to talk about projected standings for 2011? I think it’s too early. It’s bound to just make people angry.
So here are some projected standings for 2011 over at Replacement Level Yankees Weblog based on the CAIRO projection system.
Red Sox at 98 wins. Yankees edging out the Rays for the wild card with 89. The Phillies somehow not winning 110 games. The defending World Series champs barely cracking .500 and missing the playoffs. Shocking stuff, really.
But it has the Braves winning the wild card, so I endorse it wholeheartedly.
(thanks to Ari Collins for the heads up)
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)