Dec 30, 2010, 8:36 AM EDT
Is it too early to talk about projected standings for 2011? I think it’s too early. It’s bound to just make people angry.
So here are some projected standings for 2011 over at Replacement Level Yankees Weblog based on the CAIRO projection system.
Red Sox at 98 wins. Yankees edging out the Rays for the wild card with 89. The Phillies somehow not winning 110 games. The defending World Series champs barely cracking .500 and missing the playoffs. Shocking stuff, really.
But it has the Braves winning the wild card, so I endorse it wholeheartedly.
(thanks to Ari Collins for the heads up)
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 3
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 29
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 49
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)