Dec 30, 2010, 8:36 AM EST
Is it too early to talk about projected standings for 2011? I think it’s too early. It’s bound to just make people angry.
So here are some projected standings for 2011 over at Replacement Level Yankees Weblog based on the CAIRO projection system.
Red Sox at 98 wins. Yankees edging out the Rays for the wild card with 89. The Phillies somehow not winning 110 games. The defending World Series champs barely cracking .500 and missing the playoffs. Shocking stuff, really.
But it has the Braves winning the wild card, so I endorse it wholeheartedly.
(thanks to Ari Collins for the heads up)
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)