Dec 30, 2010, 8:36 AM EST
Is it too early to talk about projected standings for 2011? I think it’s too early. It’s bound to just make people angry.
So here are some projected standings for 2011 over at Replacement Level Yankees Weblog based on the CAIRO projection system.
Red Sox at 98 wins. Yankees edging out the Rays for the wild card with 89. The Phillies somehow not winning 110 games. The defending World Series champs barely cracking .500 and missing the playoffs. Shocking stuff, really.
But it has the Braves winning the wild card, so I endorse it wholeheartedly.
(thanks to Ari Collins for the heads up)
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 10
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 14
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 162
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (162)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)