Dec 30, 2010, 9:32 AM EDT
Installment four of Joe Posnanski’s week-long series on the Hall of Fame is a dream come true for me. Why? Because I’ll freely admit that I can be a monomaniacal nutjob when it comes to this stuff, so when a sober and respectable guy like Poz hits these notes I’m given a touch of intellectual cover. Really, it’s all here:
- Heyman bashing: check!
- Incomprehension at those who would vote for Morris but not Blyleven: check!
- Blinding anger at those who would accuse someone of using steroids with no evidence whatsoever: check!
- Micro-level hashing out of the ethics of steroid use: check!
- Love for Tim Raines and Alan Trammell: check!
It almost makes me feel like something less than a loon. At least for a few minutes. And the fact that he’s a bald guy like me makes it even sweeter.
I’ve been saying it all week, but Posnanski is a must-read on this stuff, and that goes doubly for today’s installment.
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 1
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 0
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 5
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 54
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)