Dec 30, 2010, 9:32 AM EDT
Installment four of Joe Posnanski’s week-long series on the Hall of Fame is a dream come true for me. Why? Because I’ll freely admit that I can be a monomaniacal nutjob when it comes to this stuff, so when a sober and respectable guy like Poz hits these notes I’m given a touch of intellectual cover. Really, it’s all here:
- Heyman bashing: check!
- Incomprehension at those who would vote for Morris but not Blyleven: check!
- Blinding anger at those who would accuse someone of using steroids with no evidence whatsoever: check!
- Micro-level hashing out of the ethics of steroid use: check!
- Love for Tim Raines and Alan Trammell: check!
It almost makes me feel like something less than a loon. At least for a few minutes. And the fact that he’s a bald guy like me makes it even sweeter.
I’ve been saying it all week, but Posnanski is a must-read on this stuff, and that goes doubly for today’s installment.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)