Dec 30, 2010, 9:32 AM EDT
Installment four of Joe Posnanski’s week-long series on the Hall of Fame is a dream come true for me. Why? Because I’ll freely admit that I can be a monomaniacal nutjob when it comes to this stuff, so when a sober and respectable guy like Poz hits these notes I’m given a touch of intellectual cover. Really, it’s all here:
- Heyman bashing: check!
- Incomprehension at those who would vote for Morris but not Blyleven: check!
- Blinding anger at those who would accuse someone of using steroids with no evidence whatsoever: check!
- Micro-level hashing out of the ethics of steroid use: check!
- Love for Tim Raines and Alan Trammell: check!
It almost makes me feel like something less than a loon. At least for a few minutes. And the fact that he’s a bald guy like me makes it even sweeter.
I’ve been saying it all week, but Posnanski is a must-read on this stuff, and that goes doubly for today’s installment.
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 3
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 34
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 29
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 40
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 72
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)