Dec 30, 2010, 9:32 AM EDT
Installment four of Joe Posnanski’s week-long series on the Hall of Fame is a dream come true for me. Why? Because I’ll freely admit that I can be a monomaniacal nutjob when it comes to this stuff, so when a sober and respectable guy like Poz hits these notes I’m given a touch of intellectual cover. Really, it’s all here:
- Heyman bashing: check!
- Incomprehension at those who would vote for Morris but not Blyleven: check!
- Blinding anger at those who would accuse someone of using steroids with no evidence whatsoever: check!
- Micro-level hashing out of the ethics of steroid use: check!
- Love for Tim Raines and Alan Trammell: check!
It almost makes me feel like something less than a loon. At least for a few minutes. And the fact that he’s a bald guy like me makes it even sweeter.
I’ve been saying it all week, but Posnanski is a must-read on this stuff, and that goes doubly for today’s installment.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 64
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 64
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29