Have a happy new year, HBT Nation

Dec 31, 2010, 4:27 PM EDT

champagne pic

The wife and I are taking the kids to a party soon.  Really: a kid-friendly New Year’s Eve party with a couple other families. It runs from 6PM to 9PM and all the kids blow their noisemakers at 9.  I know it sounds lame to a lot of you, but we’ll still have fun. I mean, that pic to the right was taken ten minutes ago as Mrs. C. and I got ready, so things are going great already.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank you all for a great 2010 at HardballTalk.  This has easily been the best year of my professional life, and it obviously wouldn’t have been possible if you guys didn’t come-a-clickin’ every day.

Be safe tonight. See you in 2011.

Craig

1. sportsdrenched - Dec 31, 2010 at 5:09 PM

You too Craig.

I’m not sure when the site was launched, but I’ve been reading since August or September. I was looking for a baseball site similar to PFT, and boom! This place shows up.

I click on here several times a day, and it’s already made the off-season move faster than most off-seasons. Now 2011 can officially be “This Season”

2. mgflolox - Dec 31, 2010 at 7:17 PM

Sounds like fun, Craig. We’re doing Disney Channel’s New Year’s Eve with the kids. Woo Hoo!! Rock On!!
    Have a safe and fantastic New Year.

3. churchoftheperpetuallyoutraged - Dec 31, 2010 at 7:28 PM

Happy belated holidays and Merry New Year to everyone.

4. IdahoMariner - Dec 31, 2010 at 7:46 PM

Happy New Year, Craig — we do the family new years’ parties, too — they’re awesome. Have fun, be safe, and thanks for a great year of baseball writing (and snark).

5. Jonny 5 - Dec 31, 2010 at 7:52 PM

I wish the best new year to all the HBT crew,readers, and their families. Here’s to yet another year of the best sport ever created!! Cheers!! Where’s that Bass Ale at now?

6. spokes310 - Dec 31, 2010 at 8:45 PM

“Be safe tonight.”

Certainly, Craig.

I’m being safe with my pitcher of rum.

7. Ari Collins - Dec 31, 2010 at 11:13 PM

I gotta say, a good resolution for me would be to comment less. But Happy New Year to Craig, Drew, Aaron, Bob, anyone else I might have missed, and my fellow readers.

8. stu11 - Jan 1, 2011 at 8:15 AM

Happy New Year Craig, thanks for a great season & off-season.

9. apbaguy - Jan 1, 2011 at 2:08 PM

Not so loud guys. It’s 11:05 here on the West Coast, Jan 1. My ears are ringing, my head hurts, my stomach is doing backflips. I just got up. Did I have a good time last night? I don’t remember.

But happy New Year to the whole HBT community. Only 6 weeks until pitchers and catchers report.

10. Old Gator - Jan 1, 2011 at 2:18 PM

2:17 PM. groan Outside, small birds are squuezing foul yellow mutes from beneath their fanned tails. Coffee….

11. coryeuc - Jan 1, 2011 at 10:21 PM

My new years resolution is to start commenting on HBT…

• Ari Collins - Jan 1, 2011 at 11:46 PM

So far so good! Shit, I’m breaking MY resolution…

Do the Angels have any weaknesses?
  1. G. Stanton (3838)