Dec 31, 2010, 10:45 PM EDT
The Baltimore Orioles grew tired of waiting on Adam LaRoche, and so they agreed to a deal on Friday with Derek Lee. The Washington Nationals, who lost Adam Dunn to free agency, were interested in signing Lee as well. So after losing out to the Orioles, the Nats naturally have turned their attention to LaRoche.
LaRoche reportedly wants three years, but Ladson reports that the Nationals are unwilling to go beyond two. Multiple reports had LaRoche already turning down a three-year offer from the Orioles, though Baltimore manager Buck Showalter said reports on that offer were not true.
LaRoche, 31, hit .261/.320/.468 with 25 home runs and a career- high 100 RBIs for the Arizona Diamondbacks last season. There doesn’t seem to be much of a market for the seven-year veteran, so unless his agent can dig up some interest elsewhere, Washington seems like the logical landing place.
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 43
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 10
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 35
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)