Dec 31, 2010, 10:45 PM EDT
The Baltimore Orioles grew tired of waiting on Adam LaRoche, and so they agreed to a deal on Friday with Derek Lee. The Washington Nationals, who lost Adam Dunn to free agency, were interested in signing Lee as well. So after losing out to the Orioles, the Nats naturally have turned their attention to LaRoche.
LaRoche reportedly wants three years, but Ladson reports that the Nationals are unwilling to go beyond two. Multiple reports had LaRoche already turning down a three-year offer from the Orioles, though Baltimore manager Buck Showalter said reports on that offer were not true.
LaRoche, 31, hit .261/.320/.468 with 25 home runs and a career- high 100 RBIs for the Arizona Diamondbacks last season. There doesn’t seem to be much of a market for the seven-year veteran, so unless his agent can dig up some interest elsewhere, Washington seems like the logical landing place.
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 6
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 19
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 10
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 23
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)