Dec 31, 2010, 2:47 PM EDT
Literally, a tough break. Rockies prospect Kyle Parker — who doubles as Clemson’s starting quarterback — just went down with broken ribs in the Meineke Bowl. His college career is now over. With spring training less than two months away, one has to assume that his pro baseball career is going to be somewhat delayed.
Parker was offered a $2.2. million signing bonus when he was drafted by the Rockies last spring with the condition that he quit football. He turned it down. He later signed a $1.4 million bonus that allowed him to play. By all accounts he had a pretty miserable year under center for Clemson. It has now cost him $800,000, broken bones and a late start.
Remember people: friends don’t let friends play football. No good comes of it at all.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)