Dec 31, 2010, 2:47 PM EDT
Literally, a tough break. Rockies prospect Kyle Parker — who doubles as Clemson’s starting quarterback — just went down with broken ribs in the Meineke Bowl. His college career is now over. With spring training less than two months away, one has to assume that his pro baseball career is going to be somewhat delayed.
Parker was offered a $2.2. million signing bonus when he was drafted by the Rockies last spring with the condition that he quit football. He turned it down. He later signed a $1.4 million bonus that allowed him to play. By all accounts he had a pretty miserable year under center for Clemson. It has now cost him $800,000, broken bones and a late start.
Remember people: friends don’t let friends play football. No good comes of it at all.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 19
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 9
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 89
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (89)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)