Jan 2, 2011, 10:39 AM EDT
The act has become a little too predictable — and maybe even expected — but it’s still pretty cool.
Crawford also bought lunch for the 150-member staff at Tropicana Field a couple of weeks ago.
The do-everything outfielder inked a seven-year, $142 million contract with the Red Sox in early December and is looking to make nice before bolting out of town for a division rival.
He was thanked by the readers and writers at DRaysBay earlier this winter with a full-page ad in the Tampa Bay Times. All is well, at least until Crawford hits a bases-loaded triple to capture the American League East crown for the Red Sox somewhere around early October of this new year.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 315
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 55
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 39
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (328)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (159)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)