Jan 2, 2011, 10:39 AM EDT
The act has become a little too predictable — and maybe even expected — but it’s still pretty cool.
Crawford also bought lunch for the 150-member staff at Tropicana Field a couple of weeks ago.
The do-everything outfielder inked a seven-year, $142 million contract with the Red Sox in early December and is looking to make nice before bolting out of town for a division rival.
He was thanked by the readers and writers at DRaysBay earlier this winter with a full-page ad in the Tampa Bay Times. All is well, at least until Crawford hits a bases-loaded triple to capture the American League East crown for the Red Sox somewhere around early October of this new year.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 8
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 49
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 108
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (108)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (84)