Jan 2, 2011, 10:39 AM EST
The act has become a little too predictable — and maybe even expected — but it’s still pretty cool.
Crawford also bought lunch for the 150-member staff at Tropicana Field a couple of weeks ago.
The do-everything outfielder inked a seven-year, $142 million contract with the Red Sox in early December and is looking to make nice before bolting out of town for a division rival.
He was thanked by the readers and writers at DRaysBay earlier this winter with a full-page ad in the Tampa Bay Times. All is well, at least until Crawford hits a bases-loaded triple to capture the American League East crown for the Red Sox somewhere around early October of this new year.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 43
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 94
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 121
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (121)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (108)