Jan 3, 2011, 6:05 AM EDT
Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe says that Carl Pavano may make a decision this week between the Twins and the Nationals. There had been some previous chatter of Texas and possibly Seattle being interested, but there’s no mention of them in this latest report.
As Aaron noted last week, Pavano wants a three-year deal, and his waiting this long to sign is presumed to be because no one is offering him one. Seems that time is on his side, though. He’s the only truly desirable pitcher on the market. One would think that, given the way the free agent market has developed this year, someone would give in to his demands.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (109)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)