Jan 3, 2011, 6:05 AM EDT
Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe says that Carl Pavano may make a decision this week between the Twins and the Nationals. There had been some previous chatter of Texas and possibly Seattle being interested, but there’s no mention of them in this latest report.
As Aaron noted last week, Pavano wants a three-year deal, and his waiting this long to sign is presumed to be because no one is offering him one. Seems that time is on his side, though. He’s the only truly desirable pitcher on the market. One would think that, given the way the free agent market has developed this year, someone would give in to his demands.
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 5
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 38
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)