Jan 3, 2011, 6:05 AM EDT
Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe says that Carl Pavano may make a decision this week between the Twins and the Nationals. There had been some previous chatter of Texas and possibly Seattle being interested, but there’s no mention of them in this latest report.
As Aaron noted last week, Pavano wants a three-year deal, and his waiting this long to sign is presumed to be because no one is offering him one. Seems that time is on his side, though. He’s the only truly desirable pitcher on the market. One would think that, given the way the free agent market has developed this year, someone would give in to his demands.
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 20
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 25
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 84
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (111)