Jan 3, 2011, 6:05 AM EDT
Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe says that Carl Pavano may make a decision this week between the Twins and the Nationals. There had been some previous chatter of Texas and possibly Seattle being interested, but there’s no mention of them in this latest report.
As Aaron noted last week, Pavano wants a three-year deal, and his waiting this long to sign is presumed to be because no one is offering him one. Seems that time is on his side, though. He’s the only truly desirable pitcher on the market. One would think that, given the way the free agent market has developed this year, someone would give in to his demands.
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 15
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 78
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)