Jan 3, 2011, 6:05 AM EDT
Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe says that Carl Pavano may make a decision this week between the Twins and the Nationals. There had been some previous chatter of Texas and possibly Seattle being interested, but there’s no mention of them in this latest report.
As Aaron noted last week, Pavano wants a three-year deal, and his waiting this long to sign is presumed to be because no one is offering him one. Seems that time is on his side, though. He’s the only truly desirable pitcher on the market. One would think that, given the way the free agent market has developed this year, someone would give in to his demands.
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 7
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 21
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)