Jan 3, 2011, 12:14 PM EST
Brian Burress has re-signed with the Pirates on a minor-league contract after being non-tendered last month, according to Jenifer Langosch of MLB.com.
Signed last offseason after being let go by the Orioles and Blue Jays, the 29-year-old left-hander had a 4.99 ERA and 45/34 K/BB ratio in 79 innings for the Pirates split between the rotation and bullpen.
His deal includes an invitation to spring training, where Burres will have to compete for a job.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 290
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (314)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)