Jan 3, 2011, 12:14 PM EDT
Brian Burress has re-signed with the Pirates on a minor-league contract after being non-tendered last month, according to Jenifer Langosch of MLB.com.
Signed last offseason after being let go by the Orioles and Blue Jays, the 29-year-old left-hander had a 4.99 ERA and 45/34 K/BB ratio in 79 innings for the Pirates split between the rotation and bullpen.
His deal includes an invitation to spring training, where Burres will have to compete for a job.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)