Jan 3, 2011, 12:14 PM EST
Brian Burress has re-signed with the Pirates on a minor-league contract after being non-tendered last month, according to Jenifer Langosch of MLB.com.
Signed last offseason after being let go by the Orioles and Blue Jays, the 29-year-old left-hander had a 4.99 ERA and 45/34 K/BB ratio in 79 innings for the Pirates split between the rotation and bullpen.
His deal includes an invitation to spring training, where Burres will have to compete for a job.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)