Jan 3, 2011, 12:14 PM EST
Brian Burress has re-signed with the Pirates on a minor-league contract after being non-tendered last month, according to Jenifer Langosch of MLB.com.
Signed last offseason after being let go by the Orioles and Blue Jays, the 29-year-old left-hander had a 4.99 ERA and 45/34 K/BB ratio in 79 innings for the Pirates split between the rotation and bullpen.
His deal includes an invitation to spring training, where Burres will have to compete for a job.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (155)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (89)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (78)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (76)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)