Jan 3, 2011, 1:40 PM EST
Jon Paul Morosi of FOXSports.com reports that the Reds are interested in free agent outfielder Fred Lewis for a part-time role.
Lewis was non-tendered by the Blue Jays despite a decent one-season stay in Toronto, hitting .262/.332/.414 with 17 steals in 480 plate appearances after coming over from the Giants in a mid-April trade.
He’d be unlikely to see that much playing time in Cincinnati, but the left-handed-hitting Lewis could potentially form a quasi-platoon with the right-handed-hitting Jonny Gomes in left field.
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 6
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 65
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 254
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (254)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)