Jan 3, 2011, 1:40 PM EDT
Jon Paul Morosi of FOXSports.com reports that the Reds are interested in free agent outfielder Fred Lewis for a part-time role.
Lewis was non-tendered by the Blue Jays despite a decent one-season stay in Toronto, hitting .262/.332/.414 with 17 steals in 480 plate appearances after coming over from the Giants in a mid-April trade.
He’d be unlikely to see that much playing time in Cincinnati, but the left-handed-hitting Lewis could potentially form a quasi-platoon with the right-handed-hitting Jonny Gomes in left field.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead