Jan 3, 2011, 1:40 PM EDT
Jon Paul Morosi of FOXSports.com reports that the Reds are interested in free agent outfielder Fred Lewis for a part-time role.
Lewis was non-tendered by the Blue Jays despite a decent one-season stay in Toronto, hitting .262/.332/.414 with 17 steals in 480 plate appearances after coming over from the Giants in a mid-April trade.
He’d be unlikely to see that much playing time in Cincinnati, but the left-handed-hitting Lewis could potentially form a quasi-platoon with the right-handed-hitting Jonny Gomes in left field.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 4
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)