Jan 3, 2011, 4:29 PM EDT
Troy Tulowitzki was under team control through 2014 and got a ten-year deal. Carlos Gonzalez was under team control through 2014, and he’s about to get a seven-year extension. Ubaldo Jimenez is under team control through 2014 and … he’s gotta hold tight. So says Troy Renck, who reports that the Rockies would wait until after the 2011 to talk to him.
Such restraint by the Rockies!
But I’m not buying it. I give them six week before they cave and give Ubaldo an extension. Brad Hawpe too, even though he plays for the Padres now.
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 5
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)