Jan 3, 2011, 4:29 PM EDT
Troy Tulowitzki was under team control through 2014 and got a ten-year deal. Carlos Gonzalez was under team control through 2014, and he’s about to get a seven-year extension. Ubaldo Jimenez is under team control through 2014 and … he’s gotta hold tight. So says Troy Renck, who reports that the Rockies would wait until after the 2011 to talk to him.
Such restraint by the Rockies!
But I’m not buying it. I give them six week before they cave and give Ubaldo an extension. Brad Hawpe too, even though he plays for the Padres now.
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 8
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 38
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- Brian Cashman calls out Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long 52
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires