Jan 3, 2011, 4:29 PM EST
Troy Tulowitzki was under team control through 2014 and got a ten-year deal. Carlos Gonzalez was under team control through 2014, and he’s about to get a seven-year extension. Ubaldo Jimenez is under team control through 2014 and … he’s gotta hold tight. So says Troy Renck, who reports that the Rockies would wait until after the 2011 to talk to him.
Such restraint by the Rockies!
But I’m not buying it. I give them six week before they cave and give Ubaldo an extension. Brad Hawpe too, even though he plays for the Padres now.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)