Jan 3, 2011, 4:29 PM EST
Troy Tulowitzki was under team control through 2014 and got a ten-year deal. Carlos Gonzalez was under team control through 2014, and he’s about to get a seven-year extension. Ubaldo Jimenez is under team control through 2014 and … he’s gotta hold tight. So says Troy Renck, who reports that the Rockies would wait until after the 2011 to talk to him.
Such restraint by the Rockies!
But I’m not buying it. I give them six week before they cave and give Ubaldo an extension. Brad Hawpe too, even though he plays for the Padres now.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40