Jan 3, 2011, 4:29 PM EST
Troy Tulowitzki was under team control through 2014 and got a ten-year deal. Carlos Gonzalez was under team control through 2014, and he’s about to get a seven-year extension. Ubaldo Jimenez is under team control through 2014 and … he’s gotta hold tight. So says Troy Renck, who reports that the Rockies would wait until after the 2011 to talk to him.
Such restraint by the Rockies!
But I’m not buying it. I give them six week before they cave and give Ubaldo an extension. Brad Hawpe too, even though he plays for the Padres now.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)