Jan 4, 2011, 11:07 PM EDT
9:41 PM: It’s almost a done deal.
According to Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Adrian Beltre will be in Texas tonight in order to undergo a physical tomorrow.
Let’s hope the doctor doesn’t touch his head. He hates that.
As reported by Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports and T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com, a physical is expected to be the final step before his new contract with the Rangers is made official. An announcement could be made as soon as tomorrow night.
As we learned earlier today, Beltre could reportedly earn as much as $96 million over six years with Texas, though the final year of the deal could be voided if he doesn’t reach a specific number of plate appearances.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 10
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 37
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)