Jan 4, 2011, 11:07 PM EDT
9:41 PM: It’s almost a done deal.
According to Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Adrian Beltre will be in Texas tonight in order to undergo a physical tomorrow.
Let’s hope the doctor doesn’t touch his head. He hates that.
As reported by Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports and T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com, a physical is expected to be the final step before his new contract with the Rangers is made official. An announcement could be made as soon as tomorrow night.
As we learned earlier today, Beltre could reportedly earn as much as $96 million over six years with Texas, though the final year of the deal could be voided if he doesn’t reach a specific number of plate appearances.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 0
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 0
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 127
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 97
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (128)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)