Jan 4, 2011, 11:07 PM EDT
9:41 PM: It’s almost a done deal.
According to Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Adrian Beltre will be in Texas tonight in order to undergo a physical tomorrow.
Let’s hope the doctor doesn’t touch his head. He hates that.
As reported by Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports and T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com, a physical is expected to be the final step before his new contract with the Rangers is made official. An announcement could be made as soon as tomorrow night.
As we learned earlier today, Beltre could reportedly earn as much as $96 million over six years with Texas, though the final year of the deal could be voided if he doesn’t reach a specific number of plate appearances.
- Report: Mets “pushing very hard” for Carlos Gomez 8
- Rangers “now clear-cut favorites” for Cole Hamels 37
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 56
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 66
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 47
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)