Jan 4, 2011, 11:07 PM EDT
9:41 PM: It’s almost a done deal.
According to Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Adrian Beltre will be in Texas tonight in order to undergo a physical tomorrow.
Let’s hope the doctor doesn’t touch his head. He hates that.
As reported by Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports and T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com, a physical is expected to be the final step before his new contract with the Rangers is made official. An announcement could be made as soon as tomorrow night.
As we learned earlier today, Beltre could reportedly earn as much as $96 million over six years with Texas, though the final year of the deal could be voided if he doesn’t reach a specific number of plate appearances.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)