Jan 4, 2011, 11:07 PM EDT
9:41 PM: It’s almost a done deal.
According to Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Adrian Beltre will be in Texas tonight in order to undergo a physical tomorrow.
Let’s hope the doctor doesn’t touch his head. He hates that.
As reported by Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports and T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com, a physical is expected to be the final step before his new contract with the Rangers is made official. An announcement could be made as soon as tomorrow night.
As we learned earlier today, Beltre could reportedly earn as much as $96 million over six years with Texas, though the final year of the deal could be voided if he doesn’t reach a specific number of plate appearances.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 32
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 25
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 35
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 71
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 220
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)