Jan 4, 2011, 10:33 AM EST
Back before Christmas I did a post about Lenny Dykstra that inspired some fun comments from a person named Monica Foster. Those of you who hung around that thread heard Ms. Foster explain how Lenny Dykstra bounced a check to her for escort services in a Beverly Hills hotel.
As soon as she began posting that stuff I contacted her because I didn’t feel like dealing with a libel lawsuit. Without going into too much detail, I was pretty darn convinced after talking to her — and after seeing some documentary evidence — that what she was saying was true. At least the major points of it. I didn’t write anything more about it because, at some point, beating up on Lennny Dykstra gets too easy and because it was pretty attenuated even for my normally loose standards of what constitutes baseball news. But I didn’t take her posts down either.
The whole thing has percolated in the blogosphere for a few weeks now, and today it has actually reached a major newspaper’s website (Buster Olney even gave it mention over at ESPN). It’s still a little out of our bailiwick, but since there were a number of you who took interest in the thread at the time, I figured it was worth noting that the story has made the big time.
So, yeah, Lenny Dykstra. Awesome.
- Blue Jays acquire Josh Donaldson in a trade with the Athletics 0
- Report: Athletics working on a trade 20
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 164
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (164)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)