Jan 4, 2011, 10:33 AM EST
Back before Christmas I did a post about Lenny Dykstra that inspired some fun comments from a person named Monica Foster. Those of you who hung around that thread heard Ms. Foster explain how Lenny Dykstra bounced a check to her for escort services in a Beverly Hills hotel.
As soon as she began posting that stuff I contacted her because I didn’t feel like dealing with a libel lawsuit. Without going into too much detail, I was pretty darn convinced after talking to her — and after seeing some documentary evidence — that what she was saying was true. At least the major points of it. I didn’t write anything more about it because, at some point, beating up on Lennny Dykstra gets too easy and because it was pretty attenuated even for my normally loose standards of what constitutes baseball news. But I didn’t take her posts down either.
The whole thing has percolated in the blogosphere for a few weeks now, and today it has actually reached a major newspaper’s website (Buster Olney even gave it mention over at ESPN). It’s still a little out of our bailiwick, but since there were a number of you who took interest in the thread at the time, I figured it was worth noting that the story has made the big time.
So, yeah, Lenny Dykstra. Awesome.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)