Jan 4, 2011, 10:33 AM EDT
Back before Christmas I did a post about Lenny Dykstra that inspired some fun comments from a person named Monica Foster. Those of you who hung around that thread heard Ms. Foster explain how Lenny Dykstra bounced a check to her for escort services in a Beverly Hills hotel.
As soon as she began posting that stuff I contacted her because I didn’t feel like dealing with a libel lawsuit. Without going into too much detail, I was pretty darn convinced after talking to her — and after seeing some documentary evidence — that what she was saying was true. At least the major points of it. I didn’t write anything more about it because, at some point, beating up on Lennny Dykstra gets too easy and because it was pretty attenuated even for my normally loose standards of what constitutes baseball news. But I didn’t take her posts down either.
The whole thing has percolated in the blogosphere for a few weeks now, and today it has actually reached a major newspaper’s website (Buster Olney even gave it mention over at ESPN). It’s still a little out of our bailiwick, but since there were a number of you who took interest in the thread at the time, I figured it was worth noting that the story has made the big time.
So, yeah, Lenny Dykstra. Awesome.
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 4
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 85
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (85)