Jan 4, 2011, 10:33 AM EDT
Back before Christmas I did a post about Lenny Dykstra that inspired some fun comments from a person named Monica Foster. Those of you who hung around that thread heard Ms. Foster explain how Lenny Dykstra bounced a check to her for escort services in a Beverly Hills hotel.
As soon as she began posting that stuff I contacted her because I didn’t feel like dealing with a libel lawsuit. Without going into too much detail, I was pretty darn convinced after talking to her — and after seeing some documentary evidence — that what she was saying was true. At least the major points of it. I didn’t write anything more about it because, at some point, beating up on Lennny Dykstra gets too easy and because it was pretty attenuated even for my normally loose standards of what constitutes baseball news. But I didn’t take her posts down either.
The whole thing has percolated in the blogosphere for a few weeks now, and today it has actually reached a major newspaper’s website (Buster Olney even gave it mention over at ESPN). It’s still a little out of our bailiwick, but since there were a number of you who took interest in the thread at the time, I figured it was worth noting that the story has made the big time.
So, yeah, Lenny Dykstra. Awesome.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 66
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29