Jan 6, 2011, 3:33 PM EDT
I’ve been checking in and out of the blog of Braves reliever Peter Moylan all winter. Being a Braves fan I was happy to learn back in November that Moylan — not exactly a man with abs of steel — was on a bigtime conditioning program. Given that Bobby Cox worked Moylan to death these past few years — throwing him in 80+ games immediately after he came back from Tommy John surgery — conditioning is probably pretty important for him as he gets older.
Imagine my shock and horror, however, when I saw this tweet from him this afternoon, back in Georgia after flying in from Australia a couple of days ago:
Jet lag is kicking my butt. Woke up at 3am yesterday and 5am today. Thank god for Waffle House
Ahhh! You can’t do that Peter! We shlubs can get that scattered-smothered-chunked-and-diced goodness when we need it, but you’re a professional athlete! We need you to get those tough outs against the Phillies! That is, if they ever get a righty who can hit worth a damn!
I tweeted my alarm, and thankfully, within minutes, Moylan set my mind at ease:
@craigcalcaterra egg whites and dry wheat toast!!!!!!!!!
When does spring training start?
- Mike Trout hits for cycle in Angels’ rout of Mariners 5
- Kevin Gausman will make Orioles debut on Thursday 4
- Cubs activate Matt Garza for first start in 10 months 0
- Thanks to Jeff Loria, Miami gets shut out of the Super Bowl 21
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. 116
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (116)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (104)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (73)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car