Jan 6, 2011, 3:33 PM EDT
I’ve been checking in and out of the blog of Braves reliever Peter Moylan all winter. Being a Braves fan I was happy to learn back in November that Moylan — not exactly a man with abs of steel — was on a bigtime conditioning program. Given that Bobby Cox worked Moylan to death these past few years — throwing him in 80+ games immediately after he came back from Tommy John surgery — conditioning is probably pretty important for him as he gets older.
Imagine my shock and horror, however, when I saw this tweet from him this afternoon, back in Georgia after flying in from Australia a couple of days ago:
Jet lag is kicking my butt. Woke up at 3am yesterday and 5am today. Thank god for Waffle House
Ahhh! You can’t do that Peter! We shlubs can get that scattered-smothered-chunked-and-diced goodness when we need it, but you’re a professional athlete! We need you to get those tough outs against the Phillies! That is, if they ever get a righty who can hit worth a damn!
I tweeted my alarm, and thankfully, within minutes, Moylan set my mind at ease:
@craigcalcaterra egg whites and dry wheat toast!!!!!!!!!
When does spring training start?
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 22
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)