Jan 6, 2011, 9:19 AM EST
Really: former Mets’ outfielder Chris Carter was been described by his teammates as “a baseball cyborg,” after he wowed them with his work ethic and intensity during spring training. Adam Rubin reports that the Tampa Bay Rays have signed Carter to a minor league deal.
If Carter is a cyborg, something malfunctioned in his positronic net. Because after being called up the by the big club back in May, he was only able to muster a line of .263/.317/.389 in 180 plate appearances. Perhaps a Level One diagnostic is in order.
If not, he may have to be retired.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 10
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 55
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 141
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (141)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)