Jan 6, 2011, 9:19 AM EST
Really: former Mets’ outfielder Chris Carter was been described by his teammates as “a baseball cyborg,” after he wowed them with his work ethic and intensity during spring training. Adam Rubin reports that the Tampa Bay Rays have signed Carter to a minor league deal.
If Carter is a cyborg, something malfunctioned in his positronic net. Because after being called up the by the big club back in May, he was only able to muster a line of .263/.317/.389 in 180 plate appearances. Perhaps a Level One diagnostic is in order.
If not, he may have to be retired.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)