Jan 6, 2011, 9:19 AM EDT
Really: former Mets’ outfielder Chris Carter was been described by his teammates as “a baseball cyborg,” after he wowed them with his work ethic and intensity during spring training. Adam Rubin reports that the Tampa Bay Rays have signed Carter to a minor league deal.
If Carter is a cyborg, something malfunctioned in his positronic net. Because after being called up the by the big club back in May, he was only able to muster a line of .263/.317/.389 in 180 plate appearances. Perhaps a Level One diagnostic is in order.
If not, he may have to be retired.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)