Jan 6, 2011, 9:19 AM EST
Really: former Mets’ outfielder Chris Carter was been described by his teammates as “a baseball cyborg,” after he wowed them with his work ethic and intensity during spring training. Adam Rubin reports that the Tampa Bay Rays have signed Carter to a minor league deal.
If Carter is a cyborg, something malfunctioned in his positronic net. Because after being called up the by the big club back in May, he was only able to muster a line of .263/.317/.389 in 180 plate appearances. Perhaps a Level One diagnostic is in order.
If not, he may have to be retired.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)