Jan 6, 2011, 2:01 PM EDT
ESPN has announced its Opening Day triple header: Detroit in the Bronx to face the Yankees early, San Diego at St. Louis later and the Giants in L.A. to play the Dodgers to round out the evening. That Giants-Dodgers series wasn’t supposed to kick off until the next day, but the league moved it up to March 31st.
I’m guessing there’s college basketball going down that day too, but if you watch the tournament instead of Opening Day, you and I probably can’t be friends anymore.
UPDATE: OK, a bunch of you have told me that there are no games on 3/31 as it’s a couple of days before Final Four weekend. I still don’t think we can be friends if you watch that instead of weekend baseball games, though, OK?
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 9
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 1
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 30
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Numbers game: Tigers fall victim to baseball’s speed obsession 45
- Twins prospect Byron Buxton done for season after concussion 3
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. 74
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)