Jan 6, 2011, 2:01 PM EDT
ESPN has announced its Opening Day triple header: Detroit in the Bronx to face the Yankees early, San Diego at St. Louis later and the Giants in L.A. to play the Dodgers to round out the evening. That Giants-Dodgers series wasn’t supposed to kick off until the next day, but the league moved it up to March 31st.
I’m guessing there’s college basketball going down that day too, but if you watch the tournament instead of Opening Day, you and I probably can’t be friends anymore.
UPDATE: OK, a bunch of you have told me that there are no games on 3/31 as it’s a couple of days before Final Four weekend. I still don’t think we can be friends if you watch that instead of weekend baseball games, though, OK?
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 26
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 26
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 43
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 73
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)