Jan 6, 2011, 2:01 PM EDT
ESPN has announced its Opening Day triple header: Detroit in the Bronx to face the Yankees early, San Diego at St. Louis later and the Giants in L.A. to play the Dodgers to round out the evening. That Giants-Dodgers series wasn’t supposed to kick off until the next day, but the league moved it up to March 31st.
I’m guessing there’s college basketball going down that day too, but if you watch the tournament instead of Opening Day, you and I probably can’t be friends anymore.
UPDATE: OK, a bunch of you have told me that there are no games on 3/31 as it’s a couple of days before Final Four weekend. I still don’t think we can be friends if you watch that instead of weekend baseball games, though, OK?
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 20
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 19
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 46
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball 86
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)