Jan 7, 2011, 12:16 PM EDT
For now he’s throwing from 60 feet, but the plan is for Bailey to stretch things out to 120 feet by the time pitchers and catchers report for spring training in mid-February, leaving him enough time to be ready for Opening Day.
Last season the A’s led the league in ERA and ranked 11th in runs scored while finishing 81-81, but after adding Hideki Matsui, Josh Willingham, and David DeJesus to the lineup they look like potential contenders again in the AL West. For that to happen they’ll likely need a healthy Bailey, as he’s thrown 132 innings with a 1.70 ERA in his first two seasons.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)