Jan 7, 2011, 11:32 AM EDT
Know what job I’m glad I don’t have? The “go hang out on the sidewalk in front of Andy Pettitte’s house and hope he comes out on his front porch and says something interesting” job:
Tanned and rested, Andy Pettitte stood on his front porch last night and answered the question on every Yankees fan’s mind: Do you know if you’re going to pitch this year?
“I don’t,” Pettitte told The Post fresh off his two-week vacation in Hawaii. “I’m just chilling out, hanging. I’m relaxing. If I had something, y’all would know. If I knew exactly what I was doing, y’all would know.”
Pettitte also said that New York is a funny place in that every time you say something everyone overreacts, which is why he hasn’t been saying anything. Like I told ya this morning: the guy knows the city in which he’s spent most of his professional life.
He said that he wants the Yankees “to go, just go on.” Sounds like two love-struck teenagers saying goodbye after a summer at the lake.
Great. I promised myself I wouldn’t cry. Talk amongst yourselves. I’ll give you a topic: The Andy Pettitte drama is neither a drama nor is it really about Andy Pettitte. Discuss.
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 38
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 10
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)