Jan 7, 2011, 11:32 AM EDT
Know what job I’m glad I don’t have? The “go hang out on the sidewalk in front of Andy Pettitte’s house and hope he comes out on his front porch and says something interesting” job:
Tanned and rested, Andy Pettitte stood on his front porch last night and answered the question on every Yankees fan’s mind: Do you know if you’re going to pitch this year?
“I don’t,” Pettitte told The Post fresh off his two-week vacation in Hawaii. “I’m just chilling out, hanging. I’m relaxing. If I had something, y’all would know. If I knew exactly what I was doing, y’all would know.”
Pettitte also said that New York is a funny place in that every time you say something everyone overreacts, which is why he hasn’t been saying anything. Like I told ya this morning: the guy knows the city in which he’s spent most of his professional life.
He said that he wants the Yankees “to go, just go on.” Sounds like two love-struck teenagers saying goodbye after a summer at the lake.
Great. I promised myself I wouldn’t cry. Talk amongst yourselves. I’ll give you a topic: The Andy Pettitte drama is neither a drama nor is it really about Andy Pettitte. Discuss.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 11
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 46
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 49
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 44
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)