Jan 7, 2011, 9:44 AM EDT
A lot of HBT readers have baseball blogs of their own. I try my best to keep up with the ones I know about, but there are only so many hours in the day. One reader writes a blog called Billy Beane is My Hero. You’ve probably noticed his handle in the comments before.
BBIMH’s author and I have exchanged some emails recently and he hipped me to one of his posts from last week: The ten worst rotations in baseball — 2011 edition. I don’t do a lot of lists around here, but I like to read well-considered ones like that. And a note to amateur bloggers out there: if you’re making a worst-of or a best-of list, do what BBIMH does here and make either the best or the worst last on the list, counting backwards. Makes a reader want to read the whole thing. And don’t do slide shows. Damn, slide shows are outrageously annoying.
Anyway, I don’t have too many quibbles with the list. I have a sneaking suspicion that the Royals’ rotation will be worse than the Pirates simply because they’ll face better bats in the AL Central than Pittsburgh will face in the NL, but I agree, it will be an epic battle for 30th place this year.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (158)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)