Jan 7, 2011, 9:44 AM EDT
A lot of HBT readers have baseball blogs of their own. I try my best to keep up with the ones I know about, but there are only so many hours in the day. One reader writes a blog called Billy Beane is My Hero. You’ve probably noticed his handle in the comments before.
BBIMH’s author and I have exchanged some emails recently and he hipped me to one of his posts from last week: The ten worst rotations in baseball — 2011 edition. I don’t do a lot of lists around here, but I like to read well-considered ones like that. And a note to amateur bloggers out there: if you’re making a worst-of or a best-of list, do what BBIMH does here and make either the best or the worst last on the list, counting backwards. Makes a reader want to read the whole thing. And don’t do slide shows. Damn, slide shows are outrageously annoying.
Anyway, I don’t have too many quibbles with the list. I have a sneaking suspicion that the Royals’ rotation will be worse than the Pirates simply because they’ll face better bats in the AL Central than Pittsburgh will face in the NL, but I agree, it will be an epic battle for 30th place this year.
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 30
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 8
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 7
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 29
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 32
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 20
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)