Jan 7, 2011, 9:44 AM EDT
A lot of HBT readers have baseball blogs of their own. I try my best to keep up with the ones I know about, but there are only so many hours in the day. One reader writes a blog called Billy Beane is My Hero. You’ve probably noticed his handle in the comments before.
BBIMH’s author and I have exchanged some emails recently and he hipped me to one of his posts from last week: The ten worst rotations in baseball — 2011 edition. I don’t do a lot of lists around here, but I like to read well-considered ones like that. And a note to amateur bloggers out there: if you’re making a worst-of or a best-of list, do what BBIMH does here and make either the best or the worst last on the list, counting backwards. Makes a reader want to read the whole thing. And don’t do slide shows. Damn, slide shows are outrageously annoying.
Anyway, I don’t have too many quibbles with the list. I have a sneaking suspicion that the Royals’ rotation will be worse than the Pirates simply because they’ll face better bats in the AL Central than Pittsburgh will face in the NL, but I agree, it will be an epic battle for 30th place this year.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 44
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 30
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)