Jan 8, 2011, 12:31 PM EDT
If you’re looking for a good laugh this morning, the Chicago Sun-Times is happy to help.
The Cubs made the back page of Saturday’s paper following yesterday’s acquisition of Matt Garza from the Rays, but the thing is, they used a picture of Joaquin Benoit, instead. Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times has the hilarious photo evidence.
This is pretty rough, but really, it’s hard to blame the Sun-Times on this one. During his time in Tampa Bay, Benoit seemed to co-opt Garza’s weird chin hair thing. This looks like an innocent case of mistaken bad facial hair. No more, no less.
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 6
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 21
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 23
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)