Jan 8, 2011, 12:31 PM EDT
If you’re looking for a good laugh this morning, the Chicago Sun-Times is happy to help.
The Cubs made the back page of Saturday’s paper following yesterday’s acquisition of Matt Garza from the Rays, but the thing is, they used a picture of Joaquin Benoit, instead. Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times has the hilarious photo evidence.
This is pretty rough, but really, it’s hard to blame the Sun-Times on this one. During his time in Tampa Bay, Benoit seemed to co-opt Garza’s weird chin hair thing. This looks like an innocent case of mistaken bad facial hair. No more, no less.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 7
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 22
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 38
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (187)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)