Jan 8, 2011, 12:31 PM EDT
If you’re looking for a good laugh this morning, the Chicago Sun-Times is happy to help.
The Cubs made the back page of Saturday’s paper following yesterday’s acquisition of Matt Garza from the Rays, but the thing is, they used a picture of Joaquin Benoit, instead. Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times has the hilarious photo evidence.
This is pretty rough, but really, it’s hard to blame the Sun-Times on this one. During his time in Tampa Bay, Benoit seemed to co-opt Garza’s weird chin hair thing. This looks like an innocent case of mistaken bad facial hair. No more, no less.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 41
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (200)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (126)