Jan 8, 2011, 12:31 PM EDT
If you’re looking for a good laugh this morning, the Chicago Sun-Times is happy to help.
The Cubs made the back page of Saturday’s paper following yesterday’s acquisition of Matt Garza from the Rays, but the thing is, they used a picture of Joaquin Benoit, instead. Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times has the hilarious photo evidence.
This is pretty rough, but really, it’s hard to blame the Sun-Times on this one. During his time in Tampa Bay, Benoit seemed to co-opt Garza’s weird chin hair thing. This looks like an innocent case of mistaken bad facial hair. No more, no less.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 33
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 18
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)