Jan 8, 2011, 12:31 PM EST
If you’re looking for a good laugh this morning, the Chicago Sun-Times is happy to help.
The Cubs made the back page of Saturday’s paper following yesterday’s acquisition of Matt Garza from the Rays, but the thing is, they used a picture of Joaquin Benoit, instead. Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times has the hilarious photo evidence.
This is pretty rough, but really, it’s hard to blame the Sun-Times on this one. During his time in Tampa Bay, Benoit seemed to co-opt Garza’s weird chin hair thing. This looks like an innocent case of mistaken bad facial hair. No more, no less.
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 4
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Jonson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 85
- Report: Pablo Sandoval and the Red Sox agree to a five-year deal at close to $100 million 101
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 48
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a 5-year, $90 million deal with Hanley Ramirez 34
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 25
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)