Jan 9, 2011, 8:57 AM EDT
Another MLB free agent has decided to head overseas.
According to the transactions page over at Yahoo! Sports, reliever Radhames Liz has signed a contract with the LG Twins of the Korea Baseball Organization.
Tired of waiting on the scrap heap for a minor league contract offer, Brian Bannister made a similar move last week, signing a deal with a club in Japan.
Liz, 27, was rated by Baseball America as the 69th most promising prospect in the game heading into the 2008 season, but he didn’t light it up at Double-A that year and he has posted ERAs of 5.68 and 4.83 in the last two seasons at Triple-A. The right-hander hadn’t seen action in a major league game since April of 2009 and probably won’t be back state-side for a little while.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 1
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 15
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 44
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 22
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)