Jan 9, 2011, 8:57 AM EDT
Another MLB free agent has decided to head overseas.
According to the transactions page over at Yahoo! Sports, reliever Radhames Liz has signed a contract with the LG Twins of the Korea Baseball Organization.
Tired of waiting on the scrap heap for a minor league contract offer, Brian Bannister made a similar move last week, signing a deal with a club in Japan.
Liz, 27, was rated by Baseball America as the 69th most promising prospect in the game heading into the 2008 season, but he didn’t light it up at Double-A that year and he has posted ERAs of 5.68 and 4.83 in the last two seasons at Triple-A. The right-hander hadn’t seen action in a major league game since April of 2009 and probably won’t be back state-side for a little while.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 38
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)