Jan 9, 2011, 8:57 AM EDT
Another MLB free agent has decided to head overseas.
According to the transactions page over at Yahoo! Sports, reliever Radhames Liz has signed a contract with the LG Twins of the Korea Baseball Organization.
Tired of waiting on the scrap heap for a minor league contract offer, Brian Bannister made a similar move last week, signing a deal with a club in Japan.
Liz, 27, was rated by Baseball America as the 69th most promising prospect in the game heading into the 2008 season, but he didn’t light it up at Double-A that year and he has posted ERAs of 5.68 and 4.83 in the last two seasons at Triple-A. The right-hander hadn’t seen action in a major league game since April of 2009 and probably won’t be back state-side for a little while.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (85)