Jan 9, 2011, 8:57 AM EDT
Another MLB free agent has decided to head overseas.
According to the transactions page over at Yahoo! Sports, reliever Radhames Liz has signed a contract with the LG Twins of the Korea Baseball Organization.
Tired of waiting on the scrap heap for a minor league contract offer, Brian Bannister made a similar move last week, signing a deal with a club in Japan.
Liz, 27, was rated by Baseball America as the 69th most promising prospect in the game heading into the 2008 season, but he didn’t light it up at Double-A that year and he has posted ERAs of 5.68 and 4.83 in the last two seasons at Triple-A. The right-hander hadn’t seen action in a major league game since April of 2009 and probably won’t be back state-side for a little while.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 4
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 18
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)