Jan 9, 2011, 8:57 AM EDT
Another MLB free agent has decided to head overseas.
According to the transactions page over at Yahoo! Sports, reliever Radhames Liz has signed a contract with the LG Twins of the Korea Baseball Organization.
Tired of waiting on the scrap heap for a minor league contract offer, Brian Bannister made a similar move last week, signing a deal with a club in Japan.
Liz, 27, was rated by Baseball America as the 69th most promising prospect in the game heading into the 2008 season, but he didn’t light it up at Double-A that year and he has posted ERAs of 5.68 and 4.83 in the last two seasons at Triple-A. The right-hander hadn’t seen action in a major league game since April of 2009 and probably won’t be back state-side for a little while.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 6
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 35
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 44
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 28
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 46
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)