Jan 9, 2011, 4:12 PM EDT
A couple of minor transactions here, via ESPN Chicago’s Doug Padilla.
The White Sox have inked right-handers Josh Kinney and Shane Lindsay to minor league contracts and have invited both to spring training.
Kinney began his career in the independent leagues, then broke into the majors in 2006 with a 3.24 ERA and 1.00 WHIP over 25 innings as the Cardinals won the World Series. Tommy John surgery derailed his career for a few seasons after that, but he registered a 1.80 ERA, 51/17 K/BB ratio and 0.98 WHIP over 60 frames last year at Triple-A Memphis and could find his way into Chicago’s bullpen with a strong showing at spring training.
Lindsay is a 25-year-old native of Australia. He has yet to reach the major leagues and is probably going to begin the 2011 season at Triple-A Charlotte. 2010 saw him post an ugly 5.80 ERA and 2.11 WHIP across 40.1 innings between Double-A and Triple-A.
- Miguel Cabrera home run Gif > Yu Darvish pitches Gif 20
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 59
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights