Jan 10, 2011, 2:05 AM EDT
“There’s never been a ballplayer slept with me who didn’t have the best year of his career. Making love is like hitting a baseball: you just gotta relax and concentrate. Besides, I’d never sleep with a player hitting under .250.”
— Annie Savoy
Who can forget everyone’s favorite baseball groupie, Susan Sarandon’s Annie Savoy, from the 1988 baseball classic “Bull Durham”?
Well now the groupies are going to have their own television show, and casting is already taking place. From Radaronline:
The show has the working title of Cleat Chasers and casting is in full swing by Get Some Media. A source familiar with the production told us it will feature women who know every trick to score with the pros.
“It’s a reality show about girls who stop at nothing to score with athletes while they are away from their wives and girlfriends during baseball spring training,” a source close to casting told RadarOnline.com exclusively. “It’s about girls that have gone pro in the sport of ‘cleat chasing.'”
The show will likely be held in Scottsdale, Ariz., where the World Champion San Francisco Giants train, though there are a host of other teams nearby.
I actually find the whole psychology of groupies and why they act the way they do as a potentially interesting story. Something tells me, however, that this show won’t get too terribly deep, and will aim more to attract viewers with the promise of naming famous players and sharing sordid tales of their exploits.
Stay tuned … or don’t.
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 52
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 101
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 74
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 75
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)