Jan 10, 2011, 2:05 AM EST
“There’s never been a ballplayer slept with me who didn’t have the best year of his career. Making love is like hitting a baseball: you just gotta relax and concentrate. Besides, I’d never sleep with a player hitting under .250.”
– Annie Savoy
Who can forget everyone’s favorite baseball groupie, Susan Sarandon’s Annie Savoy, from the 1988 baseball classic “Bull Durham”?
Well now the groupies are going to have their own television show, and casting is already taking place. From Radaronline:
The show has the working title of Cleat Chasers and casting is in full swing by Get Some Media. A source familiar with the production told us it will feature women who know every trick to score with the pros.
“It’s a reality show about girls who stop at nothing to score with athletes while they are away from their wives and girlfriends during baseball spring training,” a source close to casting told RadarOnline.com exclusively. “It’s about girls that have gone pro in the sport of ‘cleat chasing.'”
The show will likely be held in Scottsdale, Ariz., where the World Champion San Francisco Giants train, though there are a host of other teams nearby.
I actually find the whole psychology of groupies and why they act the way they do as a potentially interesting story. Something tells me, however, that this show won’t get too terribly deep, and will aim more to attract viewers with the promise of naming famous players and sharing sordid tales of their exploits.
Stay tuned … or don’t.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 155
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 33
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 83
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (159)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)