Jan 10, 2011, 2:05 AM EDT
“There’s never been a ballplayer slept with me who didn’t have the best year of his career. Making love is like hitting a baseball: you just gotta relax and concentrate. Besides, I’d never sleep with a player hitting under .250.”
– Annie Savoy
Who can forget everyone’s favorite baseball groupie, Susan Sarandon’s Annie Savoy, from the 1988 baseball classic “Bull Durham”?
Well now the groupies are going to have their own television show, and casting is already taking place. From Radaronline:
The show has the working title of Cleat Chasers and casting is in full swing by Get Some Media. A source familiar with the production told us it will feature women who know every trick to score with the pros.
“It’s a reality show about girls who stop at nothing to score with athletes while they are away from their wives and girlfriends during baseball spring training,” a source close to casting told RadarOnline.com exclusively. “It’s about girls that have gone pro in the sport of ‘cleat chasing.'”
The show will likely be held in Scottsdale, Ariz., where the World Champion San Francisco Giants train, though there are a host of other teams nearby.
I actually find the whole psychology of groupies and why they act the way they do as a potentially interesting story. Something tells me, however, that this show won’t get too terribly deep, and will aim more to attract viewers with the promise of naming famous players and sharing sordid tales of their exploits.
Stay tuned … or don’t.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 58
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 74
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 68
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 99
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (100)
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (97)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)