Jan 10, 2011, 1:27 PM EDT
Remember when Bartolo Colon was reported to be in the best shape of his life and the Yankees were maybe interested and, hey, he’s pitching pretty good down in the winter league and everything? Yeah, well:
Colon failed to secure a win for the third straight game in the postseason, allowing four runs in five innings. The free-agent right-hander has an 0-2 record, with 4.86 ERA while allowing 27 hits in 16 2/3 innings as one of Escogido’s late roster additions.
Gonna go out on a limb here and say that Colon isn’t going to be an important part of anyone’s complete pitching staff this season.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12