Jan 10, 2011, 1:27 PM EDT
Remember when Bartolo Colon was reported to be in the best shape of his life and the Yankees were maybe interested and, hey, he’s pitching pretty good down in the winter league and everything? Yeah, well:
Colon failed to secure a win for the third straight game in the postseason, allowing four runs in five innings. The free-agent right-hander has an 0-2 record, with 4.86 ERA while allowing 27 hits in 16 2/3 innings as one of Escogido’s late roster additions.
Gonna go out on a limb here and say that Colon isn’t going to be an important part of anyone’s complete pitching staff this season.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)