Jan 10, 2011, 1:27 PM EST
Remember when Bartolo Colon was reported to be in the best shape of his life and the Yankees were maybe interested and, hey, he’s pitching pretty good down in the winter league and everything? Yeah, well:
Colon failed to secure a win for the third straight game in the postseason, allowing four runs in five innings. The free-agent right-hander has an 0-2 record, with 4.86 ERA while allowing 27 hits in 16 2/3 innings as one of Escogido’s late roster additions.
Gonna go out on a limb here and say that Colon isn’t going to be an important part of anyone’s complete pitching staff this season.
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 22
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 40
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (131)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)