Jan 10, 2011, 1:27 PM EDT
Remember when Bartolo Colon was reported to be in the best shape of his life and the Yankees were maybe interested and, hey, he’s pitching pretty good down in the winter league and everything? Yeah, well:
Colon failed to secure a win for the third straight game in the postseason, allowing four runs in five innings. The free-agent right-hander has an 0-2 record, with 4.86 ERA while allowing 27 hits in 16 2/3 innings as one of Escogido’s late roster additions.
Gonna go out on a limb here and say that Colon isn’t going to be an important part of anyone’s complete pitching staff this season.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final