Jan 10, 2011, 2:09 PM EDT
The Padres snagged Jason Bartlett from the Rays a month ago, and now they have him locked up for two years. It’a an $11 million contract extension with a vesting option for 2013. The deal buys out Bartlett’s final arbitration season and his first year of free agency
Not a bad deal for San Diego. 2010 was not good for him — he hit .254/.324/.350 — but he’s a year removed from a nice 2009 season and could fare better in the National League than he did in the AL East.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)