Jan 10, 2011, 2:09 PM EDT
The Padres snagged Jason Bartlett from the Rays a month ago, and now they have him locked up for two years. It’a an $11 million contract extension with a vesting option for 2013. The deal buys out Bartlett’s final arbitration season and his first year of free agency
Not a bad deal for San Diego. 2010 was not good for him — he hit .254/.324/.350 — but he’s a year removed from a nice 2009 season and could fare better in the National League than he did in the AL East.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)