Jan 10, 2011, 2:09 PM EDT
The Padres snagged Jason Bartlett from the Rays a month ago, and now they have him locked up for two years. It’a an $11 million contract extension with a vesting option for 2013. The deal buys out Bartlett’s final arbitration season and his first year of free agency
Not a bad deal for San Diego. 2010 was not good for him — he hit .254/.324/.350 — but he’s a year removed from a nice 2009 season and could fare better in the National League than he did in the AL East.
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 20
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 44
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 101
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 59