Jan 10, 2011, 6:15 PM EST
Lewis was non-tendered by the Blue Jays in December after batting .262/.332/.442 with eight home runs, 36 RBI, 17 stolen bases and a 745 OPS over 480 plate appearances last season. The 30-year-old outfielder has a .272/.348/.418 batting line over parts of five seasons in the big leagues.
Lewis drew a considerable amount of interest this winter as a potential fourth outfielder, but it will be interesting to see how he is utilized by Dusty Baker. Lewis has a 796 OPS against right-handed pitching during his career, so there’s a chance he could find himself in a left field platoon with Jonny Gomes, who traditionally enjoys more success against left-handed pitching.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 64
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 78
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 61
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)