Jan 10, 2011, 6:15 PM EDT
Lewis was non-tendered by the Blue Jays in December after batting .262/.332/.442 with eight home runs, 36 RBI, 17 stolen bases and a 745 OPS over 480 plate appearances last season. The 30-year-old outfielder has a .272/.348/.418 batting line over parts of five seasons in the big leagues.
Lewis drew a considerable amount of interest this winter as a potential fourth outfielder, but it will be interesting to see how he is utilized by Dusty Baker. Lewis has a 796 OPS against right-handed pitching during his career, so there’s a chance he could find himself in a left field platoon with Jonny Gomes, who traditionally enjoys more success against left-handed pitching.
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 38
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 10
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)